50% chance that pxsx2.exe git crashes on startup
Any news on this issue? it's really annoying im using win 7 64 btw.

Sponsored links

You can as well run the stable releases but not the development version?

I guess reinstalling everthing related (vcredist, dx, pcsx2) is always a good idea.
I still can't reproduce this issue, maybe I'm 50% lucky today, Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Im windows 7 64bit and i dont get crashes on dev builds, something wrong at your end
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(06-19-2015, 10:53 AM)willkuer Wrote: You can as well run the stable releases but not the development version?

I guess reinstalling everthing related (vcredist, dx, pcsx2) is always a good idea.

I can run it fine, it's just a chance that it crashes immediately a few times before it actually works if the aero theme is enabled in windows, just like the op sometimes it start's directly sometimes it needs a few restarts it's really strange, when i runs it works fine no crashes while playing only those at startup, reinstalling everything doesn't help in the slightest and i doubt that's the problem since the stable rls doesn't ever crash at startup and no other game or emulator does.

(06-19-2015, 01:16 PM)omnikam Wrote: Im windows 7 64bit and i dont get crashes on dev builds, something wrong at your end

who knows probably some strange exotic driver bug or something like that for example im running an older AMD card HD5800 on a first gen I7 maybe it's related to that.
it's not that big of a deal anyway just a small annoyance and i can just use the newer Gsdx in the stable release or turn aero off if i need to run a svn and it annoys me to much.
what about compatibilty mode? I think you can disable aero but have to live with the consequences...
Setting deactivate visual designs in windows compatibility settings seems to fix the problem.

Therefore the bug seems to be located within pxsx2, maybe a faulty implementation of wxwidgets or something like that?
Run sfc /scannow to see if there are any system or wdm errors/corruptions.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(07-06-2015, 04:15 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Run sfc /scannow to see if there are any system or wdm errors/corruptions.

No errors found.
Last thing I can think of is
did you reinstall windows recently? If so, you'd have to download what post 12 said again for those dont stay after an inplace upgrade or reinstall.

or, not enough ram perhaps~
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb