5fps
Ok im getting absolutely awful results with ps2 emulation.
I have only played two games however GTA vice city on an iso
Ratchet and Clank 1 through CD rom

My specs are ok I think although I have a quad core and I heard they arent great for ps2 emulation

Intel i5 core Cpu M430 2.27Ghz -2.3Ghz I know not a great
clockrate
4gB of Ram
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5145
DirectX 11

Id like to avoid overclock but if its necessary its necessary ?
Im using all recommended settings for my system

Oh and im using Windows 7 64bit if that makes a huge difference?

I have the 0.9.7 version of PCSX2

Sponsored links

Use gsdx with native enabled, use recomended speedhacks,pull cycle rate to 2,vu cycle to 1. And that's the best you get.
Would running of isos speed the fps up ?
(01-15-2011, 10:36 PM)famousrabbit Wrote: Would running of isos speed the fps up ?

YES!!!! The increase i fps with isos instead of the actual disc is not comparable. If you only got 5fps with a disc, you'd get about45fps with an iso. I don't know exactly how much faster it would be. It depends on your hardware
Burn the disk to an iso didnt help at all
Want the easiest game to run
And is there anything else I can do ?
Is it purely my lack of hardware?
Sorry correction ripping the disk to an iso didnt speed things up
The video card, it's too weak for intensive graphical demands although it can play movies with reasonable quality. Remember games like several graphic programs do the rendering "on time" unlike just playing pre-rendered output, this translates into impressive amount of calculations.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Quote:YES!!!! The increase i fps with isos instead of the actual disc is not comparable. If you only got 5fps with a disc, you'd get about45fps with an iso. I don't know exactly how much faster it would be. It depends on your hardware

Please stop posting totally false information without having any idea about what you're talking about. Running from an ISO instead of a disc will only be a small speed up in a select few game (mainly eliminates stuttering not an actual FPS speed up) when they try loading data from the disc.

The main problem here is that the 2 games you tried are pretty hard to emulate and/or are hitting emulation bugs with PCSX2 thus require vast raw CPU power to work at decent speeds. I'd say try playing some less demanding games (nice list: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate )
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks man great help
Running from iso has given me increased FPS in every game, actually... anytime you have to access the drive (dynamically loading textures/ area loading) it'll give you an insane speed boost.

Anyway your graphics card is too weak.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM