60 FPS but Slow Motion?
First post guys. Sup. Anyway, after the destruction of my PS2 in a flood, I decided to get this emulator to relive the old days. I start playing GTA at first, and I find that it runs at almost always 60FPS but the game acts like it's in the Matrix, always slow everything. I try Star Wars Battlefront, and Call of Duty 1. All the same thing. PCSX2 always gives me slow motion gameplay. Everything is default excluding my attempts at changing the settings t get it to run faster. What gives? My specs are,(taking this off the sticker that I actually decided to keep on the laptop)

ALl of these were run from an ISO taken from my original perished games.
I'm using PCSX2 v1.2.1
My laptop model is a Acer Aspire
Windows 8
AMD Quad-Core Processor 2.8GHz
AMD Radeon HD Graphics card, 512MB
4GB RAM

Also, more than 100 Gigs left for space, so, no space is not an issue. Maybe a few hiccups in the config? Thanks for the help guys.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

PS : as a side note, if you don't want to sound ridiculous, never ever compare native pc games to emulation.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
^
PCSX2 isn't a native pc game so don't compare the two. Native pc games hit the gpu, pcsx2 hits the cpu.

you wont run those games on that laptop

I see I got ninja'd
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Just take a few shots of whiskey then you'll feel like it's full speed
not all pc games are hit on the GPU though, there are some that hit the cpu aswell, can't name any examples, but I know they are there.
(09-14-2014, 04:24 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: not all pc games are hit on the GPU though, there are some that hit the cpu aswell, can't name any examples, but I know they are there.
Minecraft 1.8
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Starcraft 2 is 90% CPU based.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
So, I can't run this emulator?
(09-14-2014, 02:41 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: PCSX2 isn't a native pc game so don't compare the two. Native pc games hit the gpu, pcsx2 hits the cpu.
If you crank up the internal rendering on PCSX2 you can get hit by two trucks at the same time.
Don't mean to be rude, but I would like to know if I can run this or not.