60 fps codes
(12-28-2016, 11:11 PM)Devina Wrote: Also asasega, you should make a tutorial on how you do these. Smile

Yes!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Incomplete tutorial

Disclaimer, English is not my first language, I'm not developer/programmer so some terms or assumptions may be wrong and finally there is no universal method, every game is different, needs different approaches.

1. Classic cheat search
This can be attempted by anyone who can use cheat engine, artmoney or any other RAM searcher. This method can be applied to games which have parts running @30fps and other @60fps. This games have in memory addresses which selects the framerate, this values usually are 1 or 2 (60/1=60, 60/2=30) or 0(off, no limit, 60fps) or 1(on, limit, 30fps). So when you are in a part which runs @30 you search either for 2(or 1), and when you are @60 search for 1(or 0). Keep searching and with luck you will find a good address.
Example of games for which this approach can be used: Dark Cloud 2, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid 3, Smuggler's Run
I gave this examples so beginners or who is new to this can try exercising on these games for which the values we already have.

2. Gs registers
Open the debugger, in the memory window press CTRL-G and go to location 12000000. Location 12000000 trough 120000A0 contains some Gs registers. Sometimes the 64bit value contained in 12000080 or 120000A0 cand be found in normal RAM space too(20000000-22000000). So do a search for these 64bit values, and near this addresses sometime there are framelimit addresses too. Look for suspects, meaning addresses  who got values of 1 or 2 and try modifying them to 0 respectively 1.
Examples: Dragon Quest VIII, Ico, Metal Gear Solid 3

3. Gs registers Mk.IISmile
Again Gs registers but this time addresses 12000070 and 12000090. Usually these addresses get written every frame or every vsync count(I'm nut sure which exactly, or maybe neither). Set a write breakpoint to 12000090, execution will break. Now do a search(in RAM searcher program) for 4 bytes integer unknown intial value, then press RUN button in debugger, execution resumes then breaks again. Now search for increased values. Keep doing this until you narrow down your search, and investigate these addresses. Sometimes there are frame limiters around them.
Examples: Wipeout Pulse, Final Fantasy XII

4. Analyzing the ELF (the SLUS, SCES etc file) 
Open the debugger, and press the functions button, usually here you will see unknown named functions, but sometime the elfs got compiled with debug symbols left in, which means that instead of unnamed functions will have nicely named functions which can be investigated. Sometime is recommended to use PS2Dis(external program) alongside the emulators debugger, because PS2Dis can calculate references and variable(parameter) names.
Examples: Dark Cloud 2, has a variable for framerate, which PS2dis showed the address.
Clock Tower 3 has a gavsync funtion which contains a branch deciding the framerate(or disabling vsync altogether I'm not sure)

Now to move on to speed modifiers.
Finding the framelimiter is the first step, sometime it is enough but other times everything will run double speed. Usually western developed games calculates timing separate from the framerate and japanese devs ties to the framerate. 3D graphics involves a lot of multiplication and divisions using real numbers(2.323,76.23 etc) aka float numbers. So usually we search for coefficients of value of 1.0f which is 3F800000 in hex and reduce this to 0.5f(3F000000), this sometime can be 2.0f(40000000) in 30fps mode and 1.0f(3F800000) in 60fps mode(for games that have both modes). Other values can be 1/30(3D088889), 1/60(3C888889), 30(41F00000),60(42700000) or directly in integer 30(1E) 60(3C)
But sometimes this values are not in RAM and gets loaded directly into registers, which on the MIPS architecture is done with "lui rn,value" and then loaded into a float register mtc1 rn,fn.
Example lui v0,0x3F80, mtc1 v0,f01
lui v0,0x3F80 in hexencoding is 3C023F80, so we can search for this value. Sometime we find hundreds of them sometime just a few.
In the RAM searcher program search for 3C013F00(lui at,0x3F80), the modify all of them to 3C013F00(lui at,3F00), then switch to interpreter mode in the emu so the jit cache gets cleared, and the new modified instructions gets loaded, change back to recompiler because in interpreter mode eveything is to slow. Check if anything is slower or faster in game. Sometime the emu can crach or freeze because we modified some instruction which triggers this. Try limiting the number of changed instruction in this case, eliminating those bad.
Continue searching for 3Cxx3F80 (xx goes from 01 to 1b the number of registers, ex.3C1B3F80(lui k1,0x3F80))
It is the same for 40000000, 41F00000 etc.
Sometime is li at,0x001E(2401001E which is actually addiu at,zero,0x00001E) or 0003c and offcourse with the registers variations. In this case modify to 2401003C. The general idea is to double or halve values.
Incomplete code(s)

Dawn of Mana SLUS-21574
60 fps
20115AE8 00000000
205C8734 3E800000
(12-27-2016, 01:35 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The question is where to sticky it. The most likely areas already have quite a lot of stickies. No one likes a forum where the first page is entirely stickies.

Wouldn't it be logical it move these threads to Developer Discussion sticky?

"Fixing unplayable games"
"60 fps codes"
"New feature-Needs testing! (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support"
"Fixing unplayable games"
"USB plugin supporting microphones for Singstar, Life line and Guitar Hero games! "
"PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches"
"PSOne Widescreen Patches"

I would also recommend moving "Post your PCSX2 memcards / states thread" from Chatterbox to "General Discussion and Support (Windows)".
Developer discussion is focussed on core PCSX2 discussions, and patches are not part of PCSX2 development. So it doesn't seem like a logical place for those threads to me.

And "new feature needs testing" threads are probably posted in General Discussion to get noticed more.
I actually recommend removing the sticky from ""New feature-Needs testing! (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support" (it's been merged, and we now know it works on basic for most affected games) and "USB plugin supporting microphones for Singstar, Life line and Guitar Hero games! " (hardly any responces and the dev hasn't responded to any of the feedback either).
Well, it makes absolutely no sense to have PS1 and PS2 widescreen patch development in Chatterbox.

It would be great if we had a "Cheats, Hacks, & Game Patches" subforum under the "Developer Discussion" subforum, focused on patches and the like.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/index.php

It would be equivalent to the "Cheats, Hacks, & Game Patches" on Dolphin forum.

Who thinks this is a good idea? I do.
But it shouldn't be under "PCSX2 Discussion and Support". It would need to be under "Off-Topic" or a new section like "Game Modifications" which is where it's at on the Dolphin forums.
I don't see anything wrong with having it in "PCSX2 Discussion and Support". I mean, even if patches/cheats aren't part of the core PCSX2 experience, you can't act like they're totally unrelated to PCSX2.

I mean, Bositman put the "Post your PCSX2 cheats-patches here!" in this forum.

I don't mind if a new section is created, but I'm STRONGLY against putting it in Chatterbox. In fact, I feel that because PCSX2 Widescreen Patch development was in Chatterbox, it's hampered our progress and development a bit. I also don't think "Tools/Applications/Homebrew" should be in Chatterbox either.
(12-30-2016, 12:51 AM)Devina Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with having it in "PCSX2 Discussion and Support". I mean, even if patches/cheats aren't part of the core PCSX2 experience, you can't act like they're totally unrelated to PCSX2.
They're hacks and not officially maintained and validated by the PCSX2 team though, so they shouldn't be in there. Also notice that even the plugins are in separate section. And it's the same on the Dolphin forum as they have a "Discussion and Support" section as well and did not include the "Cheats, Hacks, & Game Patches" forum there.
(12-30-2016, 12:41 AM)Devina Wrote: Well, it makes absolutely no sense to have PS1 and PS2 widescreen patch development in Chatterbox.

It would be great if we had a "Cheats, Hacks, & Game Patches" subforum under the "Developer Discussion" subforum, focused on patches and the like.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/index.php

It would be equivalent to the "Cheats, Hacks, & Game Patches" on Dolphin forum.

Who thinks this is a good idea? I do.

Actually agreeing with this idea to have an entirely new sub-forum for Cheats/Patches. It would definitely help cleaning out the General Support section at the same time.

Also omg, 60 FPS for ToA. Will test this asap when I get a chance to.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)