60 fps codes
I guess we'd need to go through it with Bositman (or another admin), since he runs the forum. I know that there's an admin control panel where you can create new forums. I'll wait for more discussion on this tho, so if anyone has another other ideas, or just agrees with this, just post here.

On-topic, I tried the FF12 patch and all it seems to do is increase the actual game speed and everything is 2x fast, so it doesn't seem to work?

Sponsored links

Tested the Tales of the Abyss patch, and it seems to work on and off.

On and off meaning in the battles it looks flawless, but when I go on the World Map, everything speeds up like crazy. Feels like the game is running at 120% speed (not a normal 60 FPS rate) on the World Map. I noticed it with some NPCs in town too that their movements went a lot faster all of the sudden.

Is there a way to manipulate these speed settings a bit?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
@devina - I think you're supposed to set the game speed down to 50%? Not sure though. Did you try that at least?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-30-2016, 12:51 AM)Devina Wrote: I don't mind if a new section is created, but I'm STRONGLY against putting it in Chatterbox. In fact, I feel that because PCSX2 Widescreen Patch development was in Chatterbox, it's hampered our progress and development a bit. I also don't think "Tools/Applications/Homebrew" should be in Chatterbox either.

I think you're confusing the "Off Topic" section with "chatterbox"? If there are plans to create a new sub forum for cheats/patches then I think "Off Topic" would be the right place to put it, just my unsolicited opinion. (For reasons - see Flatout's previous post)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-29-2016, 12:01 PM)asasega Wrote: 2. Gs registers
Open the debugger, in the memory window press CTRL-G and go to location 12000000. Location 12000000 trough 120000A0 contains some Gs registers. Sometimes the 64bit value contained in 12000080 or 120000A0 cand be found in normal RAM space too(20000000-22000000). So do a search for these 64bit values, and near this addresses sometime there are framelimit addresses too. Look for suspects, meaning addresses  who got values of 1 or 2 and try modifying them to 0 respectively 1.
Examples: Dragon Quest VIII, Ico, Metal Gear Solid 3

3. Gs registers Mk.IISmile
Again Gs registers but this time addresses 12000070 and 12000090. Usually these addresses get written every frame or every vsync count(I'm nut sure which exactly, or maybe neither). Set a write breakpoint to 12000090, execution will break. Now do a search(in RAM searcher program) for 4 bytes integer unknown intial value, then press RUN button in debugger, execution resumes then breaks again. Now search for increased values. Keep doing this until you narrow down your search, and investigate these addresses. Sometimes there are frame limiters around them.
Examples: Wipeout Pulse, Final Fantasy XII

The privileged registers of the GS are stored in that range of the EE's memory address (PMODE, SMODE, DISP...etc), however, I don't understand on how those registers would be useful for modifying the frame rate, they're generally used for basic stuffs like positioning of the framebuffer, output circuit and CRT vertical synchronization timings, background color and *blah blah*. Might be useful to find which specific register is actually useful in manipulating the frame rate.

Aside from all of my curious questions, good job on all of your patches for the 60fps manipulation. Personally, I don't really care about them, but I'd assume looking into them wasn't an easy work!
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Incomplete code(s)

Resident Evil Outbreak SLUS-20765
60 fps
2019F414 00000000
10323A4C 00000000
(12-30-2016, 05:26 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: @devina - I think you're supposed to set the game speed down to 50%? Not sure though. Did you try that at least?

I tried messing with "base framerate adjust", no luck.

(12-30-2016, 05:48 PM)asasega Wrote: Resident Evil Outbreak SLUS-20765
60 fps
2019F414 00000000
10323A4C 00000000

This is for version 1.01. Can you please make a patch for version 2.00?

Also, you should be able to make one for RE: Outbreak File 2.
(12-30-2016, 09:11 PM)Devina Wrote: I tried messing with "base framerate adjust", no luck.

This is for version 1.01. Can you please make a patch for version 2.00?

Also, you should be able to make one for RE: Outbreak File 2.

I think there is some confusion around 60 fps, speed modifiers etc
30fps,60fps reffers to the game internal framerate, not to that 59,94 that pcsx2 displays on the title bar(that's reffering to NTSC standard of 60hz or 50hz in PAL land)
Currently pcsx2 lacks an internal framerate counter.(ppsspp, dolphin they have that) 
When you have a game which runs @30fps you have to do two things to get to a playable 60fps status
1. You have to disable the 30fps framelimit
and
2a. If the game does not tie timings to the framerate, you are good to go
2b. If it ties timings to the framerate, everything will run double speed, so you have to find speedmodifiers.

When I posted the FinalFantasy12 code i mentioned that I have not found a speed modifier. I always mention this in my posts. I created this thread so that we can share findings, hack developments etc, that's why I post even incomplete codes, so others don't waste time and can try to find the speedmodifiers.
So Devina, unless someone comes around with a speed modifier code for FF12, sadly it remains double speed @60fps.
Regarding RE Outbreak If I will have acces to those versions, I will try. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBzEiXGoIdE

This video I uploaded for Ryudo, that is how the game runs for me with the code, to me it seems normal or close to normal speed
The video was recorded with pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1739-g7aa554b-windows-x86. Maybe he has another version which doesnt parse correctly the codes which starts with D, which is for conditional codes. Is there a file or place which documents exactly what code types pcsx2 supports exactly in his pnach system?
Forgot to mention, with 60fps codes you dont have to set anything in the emulator, you cannot fix double speed issues with settings. The only settings that is neccesary is when a game have massive slowdowns with the 60fps code enabled, then you can try raising the emotionengine frequency (overclock) to mitigate the slowdowns.
(12-30-2016, 02:37 PM)ssakash Wrote: The privileged registers of the GS are stored in that range of the EE's memory address (PMODE, SMODE, DISP...etc), however, I don't understand on how those registers would be useful for modifying the frame rate, they're generally used for basic stuffs like positioning of the framebuffer, output circuit and CRT vertical synchronization timings, background color and *blah blah*. Might be useful to find which specific register is actually useful in manipulating the frame rate.

Aside from all of my curious questions, good job on all of your patches for the 60fps manipulation. Personally, I don't really care about them, but I'd assume looking into them wasn't an easy work!

The values of those registers sometime(not always) appear in the normal RAM region too(20000000-21ffffff) from where they are read and then written to the registers in location(12000000) and just so it happens that some games have framemodifiers around those values(not around the registers)
Check the screenshot. Notice the same values 001BF9FF0203227C(@both regions 12000000,20000000), and that 02 in blue @20274EC4 is the framerate modifier.

I noticed this thing in the past when I was looking for ways to disable flicker filtering in games which offsets the pixels using the two read circuits.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please get into the habit of saying which codes are incomplete and which codes are fine then. Smile

The Clock Tower 3 code seems perfectly fine.

The Outbreak one seems glitchy. Ad-libs are said too often, the timers and countdowns are twice as fast, etc.