60fps but not really
that's kinda wierd...
what do the ee% & gs% say when getting slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

if the games constant 60fps but feels slow, then you can mess little on your pcsx2vm.ini.
try reduce its framerate, may be 54fps on ntsc and 45 on pal. then increase 112% its limiter . i think it won't harm. Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
Arghhh, at this point, with the reported hardware there should not be such issues, maybe the ini files are already the problem, the best advice is to deleting all them and letting PCSX2 to rebuild then again, from scratch.

The only other thing I can suggest is unticking MTGS, shown as enabled from the screenshots. Although useful in many situations, MTGS may create issues with some games.

Edit: You are incorrigible Billy, look at his specs, the "solutions" you propose are last hope for those with so weak machines which can't hope to get near playable experience otherwise. His is a machine which should run most games at default setting. Remember, the least you deviate from the defaults the better, speedhacks or any other artificial attempt to get performance are necessary evil, not something to recommend lightly.

@OP, there is no reason to try native resolution with that machine, actually Nvidia cards are known to be uncomfortable dealing with low resolutions and that one of yours munch upscale for breakfast easily, keep it around 3x or 4x (you could get even more but there is no real gain above a certain point, I'd say 4x is at the top of the bell curve).
Imagination is where we are truly real
I noticed from his sig it says Min 2.8 GHz in his CPU settings. Do you have some kinda Intel SpeedStep feature enabled or something?

If his CPU gets downthrottled randomly it could cause such random slowdowns. Maybe it's just not getting picked up in the FPS readings?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-12-2014, 07:15 PM)xRyudo Wrote: I noticed from his sig it says Min 2.8 GHz in his CPU settings. Do you have some kinda Intel SpeedStep feature enabled or something?

If his CPU gets downthrottled randomly it could cause such random slowdowns. Maybe it's just not getting picked up in the FPS readings?

Good point, I failed noticing it is a mobile hardware.
ok the ee% when its slow is around 10-28% when its actually smooth its around 30-40%
as for gs% its like 4-15% when slow and 20-30% when its smooth
I was also thinking it might be my cpu down throttling but i checked with cpu-z and its showing my ghz to be a constant 3.7
I do have razer gamebooster on (tried off dont worry lol) so i dont know what else cud tell my cpu to slow down Sad(
(10-12-2014, 07:26 PM)Ichig00 Wrote: ok the ee% when its slow is around 10-28% when its actually smooth its around 30-40%
as for gs% its like 4-15% when slow and 20-30% when its smooth
I was also thinking it might be my cpu down throttling but i checked with cpu-z and its showing my ghz to be a constant 3.7

Try putting Windows in a Performance Power Plan. This can be done from the Windows Control Panel -> Power Options.

Remember to return to the current plan after playing to spare battery.
There is no plan called 'performance power plan' but if u mean high performance plan or any of the sort, ive already had it like that ;-; i do have my battery out of the laptop and running all on outlet power, duno if that cud be a problem somehow, bouta try with battery cuz im desperate lol

UPDATE:
It seems that ticking both wait for vsync refresh and dynamically toggle vsync depending on frame rate helped it somewhat, feels better, although theres still weird lag
So, first thing that came to my mind (because OP didnt specify) was that the actual framerate of the game is not 60 FPS or that the game appears to lag as if its FPS drops (like in native PC games) but the counter stated 60 FPS (as emulation speed)

If thats the case, its game specific. Some games just werent 100% consistent even on the PS2.

If its an actual slowdown effect then my second guess would be overheating/downclocking. Have you checked your temperatures ? You said your CPU has pretty high clocks so I think its worth checking out. You said that your clocks were consistent but you could still make sure its not due to overheating.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
As Thewonderboy mentioned I would check clockrates.
Please check cpu-z/gpu-z during slowdowns and fluid gameplay. If there is a difference it is highly probably your problem. Either speedstep or throttling or something like that.