64bit Loser (any help?)
just for your information, the tool to edit the .msi is called orca, you can get that from msdn
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

Sponsored links

(08-19-2009, 01:53 AM)ardhi Wrote: just for your information, the tool to edit the .msi is called orca, you can get that from msdn

Never knew there was a tool like that on msdn Laugh Makes sense, just never thought of looking before.

To be clear, there is no reason for the OP to edit the PSCX2 .msi. Either install it like normal or use the binary version.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
fao - Echosierra & Zero29. The 'official guide' ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html ) says to do exactly that. (I know. but after re-dl'ing the .msi about 12 times 'cos I thought it was corrupt (it always failed with error code (2356?, I think)) I figured I'd just do what it said I was 'supposed to do'. Oh boy Blush Wasted a lot time doing something I 'knew' was wrong)

beta1474 installs fine, cheers to everyone who mailed in the right answer. (Koji, btw)

"HEY! this s**t really works!"

now, if I could just have the Moon on a stick, with extra large fries, to go?

Biggrin
Well as you can see there's 2 download versions the installer and the binary, the installer extracts itself and the binary is the one you have to extract manually :P

The installer worked fine here must have been a problem with your cache or smt :o
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hm I guess I'll have to add extract if you got the binary or install if you got the installer Tongue Never thought someone would try extracting a setup file!
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Cache or SMT? should they mean anything to me? (like, can I learn something from this?)
This is a 'stable' machine with a relatively clean install of vista.

PS, Bositman, I was desperate. Maybe my system's more wobbly than I thought...
Uhm, sometimes your PC or ISP (less common) use a file cache (cache is a temporary place for storage) so when you download stuff, it'll be available faster to get for next attempts to get/access it (like not needing to download completely again), however if the download was stopped/corrupted it's possible it will keep getting the same corrupted one even when this isnt the expected behavior (the ideal would be it checks if it's a bad file and begins getting it again) because it's what is in the cache and that's what it is trying to get. Happens sometimes.

"Or smt" = "Or something" (that was my bad Tongue)
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
HAHAAHAHAAHA - looked up ''smt'' got ''simultaneous multi thread-ing/ed''...

ARGHH !! ! ! MY CPU!? !?? !?IS IT BROKE !?! (hehe, I panicked)

no, maybe I didn't do as many re-starts as I thought

More thankyouses - everyone & anyone

(hey now this thing works I could pawn in my original PS2 for much needed cash... if only it didn't look so DAMN GOOD! - LONG LIVE PREMIER LEAGUE ASTHETICS!!!! shame about my sickly yellow SNES...)

Cheers guys. You rock.
Yeah something should never be abbreviated smt around techies.
1. run the installer
2. copy the directory somewhere else
2a. remove the files named uninstall.exe and uninstall.dat from your copy
3. run in the uninstaller in the original directory.
Congrats, you unzipped a .msi file...

To OP. if you want a relatively bug free version ready for prime time then wait until 1.0 is release. when a program is 0.something that means there is a lot of work to be done.
Anyways, I am using it fine with vista 64bit and win7 64bit.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.