A Fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Finally, a fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly has been found! Currently, the fix is in the form of a cheat, so hopefully someone could implement this fix into the actual release of the emulator to fix it officially. All credit for this fix goes to "LXShadow". So here's they are for both PAL and NTSC:
Code:
NTSC: patch=1,EE,001e71dc,word,24020001
PAL:  patch=1,EE,001E763C,word,24020001

Sponsored links

HOLY ***** IT WORKS WOO!

@Blyss: Add this to the list of games that do not work with MTVU. When MTVU is enabled, everything is an SPS mess. And i do mean EVERYTHING, even the menus.

EDIT: Any VU Cycle Stealing WILL REDUCE visible framerate in the game and make it choppy, so avoid it at all costs. I believe this is because the game tries to really output 50/60 FPS (which is why i remember it being so unbelievably smooth when i played it on the PS2) and the setting works against it. The game is EE heavy, mainly. EE Cyclerate hack seems safe on '2' but i haven't been in a very intensive screen yet to see if it reduces the framerate. EDIT: My CPU is officially too weak to even test this. The first level brings me down to 30 FPS on overviews with the speedhack on, so i'm gonna need someone else with a powerful i7 to test whether the hack reduces framerate fluidity.

ISSUES: Cut scenes appear to be out of sync with their audio. Sometimes the audio of an action may cut off prematurely, for example when capturing dragonflies.
HOLY *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It seems that MSAA makes a shadowbox appear on DirectX Hardware rendering as well. Turning it off minimizes it to a line. OpenGL completely fixes any visual bugs though.
Wow I remember you from way back when I first joined. And it's working now. Nice.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Nice work! My kid can finally play this on his comp. He has every Spyro game for ps1 and PS2. This will make him jizz in his pants..
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(11-02-2014, 08:04 AM)Slvr99 Wrote: Finally, a fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly has been found! Currently, the fix is in the form of a cheat, so hopefully someone could implement this fix into the actual release of the emulator to fix it officially. All credit for this fix goes to "LXShadow". So here's they are for both PAL and NTSC:
Code:
NTSC: patch=1,EE,001e71dc,word,24020001
PAL:  patch=1,EE,001E763C,word,24020001

good job Cool +1
well, he made his time making this and no one has given him a rep other than me. (guess i'm the best gratitude guy here)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
What does the patch do?
(11-03-2014, 05:16 PM)s.sakash Wrote: good job Cool +1
well, he made his time making this and no one has given him a rep other than me. (guess i'm the best gratitude guy here)

Well I didn't actually make the patch, that credit goes to a user named LXShadow. I just helped out with the NTSC fix.

(11-03-2014, 11:04 PM)rama Wrote: What does the patch do?

The patch fixes the crash that the game encounters when you get to the title screen, which now makes the game playable. Previously, it would go to a black screen and not continue.
(11-03-2014, 11:53 PM)Slvr99 Wrote: Well I didn't actually make the patch, that credit goes to a user named LXShadow. I just helped out with the NTSC fix.

The patch fixes the crash that the game encounters when you get to the title screen, which now makes the game playable. Previously, it would go to a black screen and not continue.

Yes, but what exactly is the patch doing to fix the game.

Without that knowledge you can't really do anything to fix it in the emulator
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]