A PCSX2 Wallpaper (and indirect advertisement of my blog)
We have recently made an improved version of the PCSX2 icon.
The art itself is based on the shape of the icon used in the recent public beta release, but since I had the model around and I had some more time to waste, I made a little wallpaper out of it. Nothing special, but hey, maybe someone likes it.

This is the post for it in my blog.

Feel free to comment on the blog post if you have any suggestions!

[Image: pcsx2-newsicon.png] (<< this wasn't meant to be a thumbnail of the wallpaper, but since it's similar, I guess it can serve that purpose)

Sponsored links

(06-06-2010, 09:36 PM)gigaherz Wrote: We have recently made an improved version of the PCSX2 icon.
The art itself is based on the shape of the icon used in the recent public beta release, but since I had the model around and I had some more time to waste, I made a little wallpaper out of it. Nothing special, but hey, maybe someone likes it.

This is the post for it in my blog.

Feel free to comment on the blog post if you have any suggestions!

[Image: pcsx2-newsicon.png] (<< this wasn't meant to be a thumbnail of the wallpaper, but since it's similar, I guess it can serve that purpose)

I can't access the link you provided. Does your site often down?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Works fine here...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Link doenest work here but i think i know how the icon looks like
a 3D look of the new PCSX2 SVN logo right?
[Image: 2llikgw.png]
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
well duh... I made the 3d icon, and I used the 3d model of that icon to make the wallpaper. The icon on svn is the icon I made (xcept they improved the rescaling quality and used a flat version of the icon for 32x32 and lower).
wow!

wonderful icon, i like so much your 3d style.

gigaherz, in the future i would like to make some montage with your wallpaper if you allow me.
great work, it's nice and sleek!

Personal feedback, I think the surface is slightly too plain - have you considered adding a layer of pattern or even diagonal scanlines? =]
I like plain... and I hate scanlines Tongue If enough ppl want it, I'll upload the psd for the wallpaper so ppl can play with it as they wish.
funny, i was just about to search the site for this specific thing right here!

looks great, but one suggestion, you should add a big cheeseburger in the background, with maybe like some secret sauce dripping down from it.

jk, just poking fun at when ppl say they like something but dont give two breaths before they mention how they could improve upon it Tongue

of course, i do know how to improve it... just stick a a picture f my face in it and be in awe!
oops i spoke too soon.. is there anyway you can make a bigger windows icon version, say up to 96 by 96 or 64 x 64, so ican use it on my rocket dock! [which was my original intention]

if not, its cool.. ill just go stand over there with my head down.