A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO USE YOUR PS3 CONTROLLER ON YOUR PC!!!
Wink 
I am new to the PCSX2 emulator so i don't know if anyone posted about this subject

but i found a quick & easy way to get your PS3 controller working on your PC

the software is made by motion joy & its a freeware so YAY for free stuff!!!

heres the link for the software
http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

and heres a quick tutorial on how to properly install it
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/45610/how...indows-pc/

and i also you use this thing so i can play wireless
http://www.gameaccy.com/bluetooth-dongle...otioninjoy

Sponsored links

Great finding for those who are new to this...
ONLY thing is ... that guide does NOT troubleshoot problems !!!

LIke for instance what to do when you get an CLASS ERROR installation code to see in Mjoy Glare !!!

And rest asure ... one Bluetooth can differs from another BT !!

when you get that err its an different ball game to install the freakin thing... Rolleyes

But granted, once it is all installed the app does do wonders with the DS3 on pc ..Tongue

Even can emulate teh X360 gamepad in "Games 4 Windows"

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
That program can sometimes give issues. And this is old news, but still thanks for trying to be helpful Smile

Using a 360 controller, imo, is the better option. The layout is almost exactly the same and it is natively supported in Windows, so no fussing with a program.
(12-18-2012, 04:28 PM)Metagondria Wrote: Great finding for those who are new to this...
ONLY thing is ... that guide does NOT troubleshoot problems !!!

LIke for instance what to do when you get an CLASS ERROR installation code to see in Mjoy Glare !!!

And rest asure ... one Bluetooth can differs from another BT !!

when you get that err its an different ball game to install the freakin thing... Rolleyes

But granted, once it is all installed the app does do wonders with the DS3 on pc ..Tongue

Even can emulate teh X360 gamepad in "Games 4 Windows"

cherriepoppers,

it was fairly easy to install for me... all you have to do is download the latest installer in the right bit for yer computer (i.e. 32 or 64) then plug in yer controller and run the installer you downloaded and then set up the controller in DS3 and yer done...
(12-18-2012, 04:32 PM)Amak Wrote: That program can sometimes give issues. And this is old news, but still thanks for trying to be helpful Smile

Using a 360 controller, imo, is the better option. The layout is almost exactly the same and it is natively supported in Windows, so no fussing with a program.

Yeah using 360 controll pad seems to have the right feeling to play PC games Blink !!!

Might have something to do with the DS3 its thumbsticks feels so relaxed/loose you know...

But everything seems to work (rumble included thoug)

(12-18-2012, 04:37 PM)KLONDATHU Wrote: it was fairly easy to install for me... all you have to do is download the latest installer in the right bit for yer computer (i.e. 32 or 64) then plug in yer controller and run the installer you downloaded and then set up the controller in DS3 and yer done...

So it was for me... at first ... untill an couple OS updates later Glare i figure...

Couldn't load or even install all drivers suddenly through Mjoy anymore !!!
Same thing on my laptop !!! which is why i suspect windowzzz updates causing that!!

REsult = CLASS error install Blink ... had to do it all by myself manually LoL
But hey.. as long it works in the end... the app does do wonders when everything is installed and working ..

And i suspect some Windowzz (security/driver!!) updates might have something to do with it!!

just noticed that drivers show up as important security updates aswell in windows 7 instead of optional Blink !!!

I wos quick to remove them... iam like if theres nothing broken ... then it doesnt need to be fixed...

cherriepoppers,
Everyone know about MotionJoy but unfortunately its drivers are whack and give many people such as myself a BSOD while using it. Nice try though. MotionJoy has been around for years and is perhaps the most popular thing to use a DS3 controller on a PC but fortunately they're other methods outside of using MotionJoy.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Motionjoy is nowadays known to be very bad software, causing general system instability, which is an instant fail in my eyes for something as simple as a wrapper for DS3. Instead I'd recommend everyone to use Scarlet Crush's solution here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-18-2012, 05:15 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: Everyone know about MotionJoy but unfortunately its drivers are whack and give many people such as myself a BSOD while using it.

True, it can be quite a hassle to get it to work..

Have had a BSOD myself only once though, and that was right after i did an forced install of the drivers manually (editing the .ini and such to put the right PID device code in it.....)

But after that no More Bsod, else i woudn't stick to it ofcourse...
And have had no issues while playing games for hours and hours in a row though using mjoy Happy

Again, else i woud have searched for another sollution..

I never use something that is half broken / buggy and what not period..

cherriepoppers,
This is the first time I've heard of motionjoy being a problem. Interesting. I've used it for all my emulators for quite a while with no issues. I just couldn't stand the way the 360 controller felt in my hands. I update everything every chance I get with no issues at all. I wonder what could cause the problem.
From what i've read, Motionjoy is quite sloppily coded, if you don't have any issues, you're pretty lucky ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]