A Question For Those In The Know
Regarding the Dark Alliance engine games - Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1/2, Champions Of Norrath Games, Fallout Brotherhood Of Steel, The Bard's Tale.
Will PCSX2 ever be able to play these games, is it theoretically possible? what is it about this particular game engine that is so hard to emulate, i mean we arguably have much more sophisticated/better looking games that run flawlessly - not a criticism, just interested to know.

Sponsored links

Its our speed hacks.
Try "interpriter" for ee and cpu.
and allow negative lod bias and preserve sign.

Thats as ps2 as you can get at this point.
Also try ....err.... try a fat ps2 bios (one you own of course)
Posted by rama:

Quote:None of the Snowblinds Studios' games work currently.
The engine uses mip-mapping which isn't supported by any GS plugin.
The videos also tend to freeze quickly.

Its hard to say if games that arent playable ever will be. If development continues chanses are they will, we will just have to wait and see.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(11-25-2010, 02:11 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Posted by rama:

Its hard to say if games that arent playable ever will be. If development continues chanses are they will, we will just have to wait and see.

OK - thanks for that, so it's a plugin issue... hopefully we will see mip mapping support with future plugins or perhaps even a new plugin?

For anyone interested BG Dark Alliance is playable on Dolphin (Wii/GC emulator) although i personally can't get good speed on it, there is a video on YouTube of someone playing full speed, the tweaks don't work for me though.

So it's a waiting game, i just hope the developers are interested enough in making these games compatible.