2 Gig of Vid Card
Hard Disk depends, xD
Intel® Core™2 i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz (8 CPU's), ~3.4 GHz
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit

Sponsored links

ok well Quad Core is good, but only 2 cores are supported in PCSX2 and while 2.5Ghz isn't bad, you should try to get a bit faster than that or most games will probably struggle a bit. If you intend to buy a computer solely for the use of PCSX2, you should aim to get a high end Dual Core (try to stick with Intel processors).
Memory on a video card isn't really all that important, do you perhaps know the model of the video card?
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
like what I have read on an article here, PCSX2 doesn't support it, hmm.. 2.5 Ghz with Dual? Is it good?
Well I say not focusing on PCSX2 rather I just wanted to run PCSX2 smoothly to my future desktop and does the Intel Processors really that good?
On video cards and memory's I am not aware of brands because I am after at the quantity or the amount (don't know what its called) of that specific part. And what is the purpose of choosing brands anyways? Just wonderin Smile
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit

If PCSX2 is one of the main uses for the PC, a higher-clocked dual core CPU such as the E8400, E8500 or E8600 will perform better than a lower-clocked quadcore. With regards to the video card, more RAM =/= better. You will need to specify the model, since a weak card with 2GB of RAM will still be weak, and perform the same as an identical card with 1GB RAM unless you use extremely high resolutions.

EDIT: posted at the same time as your response...

It's not that PCSX2 won't run on a quad-core; it will run fine. It's just that it won't take advantage of all four cores; only two. So having a quad-core at 2.5Ghz won't produce too much of a difference in performance compared to an equivalent dual-core at the same frequency. However, a dual-core which is clocked at a higher frequency (E8400 is clocked at 3Ghz for example) will give you more performance, and won't cost as much as an equivalent quad-core.

As for video cards, you should be more concerned with the model of the card, rather than the brand, since there are only two major companies: ATI and Nvidia, and both have a wide range of cards that vary greatly in performance and cost etc. If, by brands, you mean the companies that actually manufacture the video cards based on the reference design from either ATI or Nvidia, for example EVGA, BFG, Gainward, XFX etc., they all produce essentially the same product based on the reference design, but may change things such as custom cooling solutions, factory-overclocked BIOS, bundle different software and/or games, and offer different warranties.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Well because PCSX2 only uses 2 cores, a 2.5Ghz Quad Core and a 2.5Ghz Dual Core will run exactly the same (based on clock speed only). At the moment, the i7 processors (Intel) are substantially better than AMD processors available, and before the i7, Intel chips had a slight advantage over AMD processors. I'ts just better to stick with Intel ;D
The VRAM (is what you are referring to) isn't all that important for gaming unless you run your games at insane resolutions. What you want to pay attention to is the power of the GPU and the capabilities of the graphics card. Depending on your budget (I don't really know anything about ATI cards =P) you'll want to at least aim for a card newer than Nvidia 8600 or Nvidia 9500.
@booger

Oh, now I get it, I thought this Emu won't run at quad lol so what brand is the best according to vid cards?

@Larfin

thanks for the info, well whats VRAM anyway? sorry for being a noob, im not used to those abbreviations thingy hmm,, but someone said that vid card did matter especially in this emu and whats GPU? and the number after Nvidia? whats the purpose of that? sorry for being a noob, im a newbie at specs xD
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit

and another thing, the admins said at their article (specifically the FAQS about the emu running slow), they stated that they will find ways on how to run the emulator faster, and I said to myself that I'll be waiting for this one. If that's possible, even at my "crappy" pc, can it work freely?

Just Curious though
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit

Well, like RAM for the computer, VRAM on a video card is where the temporary data is stored. Basically, data that the video card is using is stored there, and when it is no longer needed it is cleared from the VRAM. Sorry if that doesn't explain it in enough detail for you =/
GPU is the Graphics Processing Unit. The video card's processor, which is used to process all of the graphics related data =P
Well, the number represents the model, so the higher the model the number, the newer the model. The 8600 is from the GeForce 8 series (hence the 8600 model number) while the 9500 is from the GeForce 9 series (hence the 9500 model number).

"they stated that they will find ways on how to run the emulator faster"
These methods are implemented into each new release of the emulator, currently in the occasional beta releases. These methods aren't usually huge speedups and sometimes not even noticeably faster at all. These things are DEFINITELY not to be relied on to go from really slow speeds to fully playable speeds, what's most important is having a computer powerful enough to play the games properly.

BTW, my computer isn't quite powerful at all, I need an upgrade in order to play the demanding games =P
oh, thanks for that now I Fully understand lol, so what is the highest number of video card right now?
hmmm,, so you also play also like slow? I am having a very low fps (not playing games) 29 fps lol, without any game at all, I just tried the opening part (the blue cubes).
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit

The highest Nvidia (sorry, dunno anything about ATI cards...) the latest Nvidia series is the Geforce 200 series (the Geforce 300 series is coming out soon, which is the first cards to support DirectX 11).
Actually, I can play a good nmber f games at full speed, but I have to use Speedhacks and also I usually need to use the native internal resolution in the GSdx plugin.

If you're interested in looking at the range of Nvidia cards, check out the wiki page here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...sing_units