A bit confused about finding newest versions
I used to download the official new version in the forum, and also get the latest beta.

Coming back a year later, I see the latest version is 0.9.8 still, but the beta category is filled with 0.9.7 betas.

Also, on the homepage of PCSX2, it has the SVN section with what I'm guessing is the newest stuff.

So I'm asking, are the SVNs the current equivalent to what we called a 0.9.7 beta? I kind of had it in my memory that only certain SVNs would become betas.

Should I just get the newest or are there sweet spots?
Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!

Sponsored links

0.97 is old. Ignore it. There's now 0.98 (release) and nightly builds ("0.99.") which are much less stable but which represent the very latest svn changes. Don't try to find analogies to how it was a year ago.
Ok thanks.

Are the SVNs so unstable they might corrupt savegames? I wouldn't mind trying one but not at the risk of losing hours of gameplay.

Are plugins that come with the SVN backward compatible with 0.9.8?
Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!
Old savestates are most likely incompatible with new builds hundreds of revisions ahead.

I would simply recommend using the save function in the games you have a savestate for, and importing your memory cards over to the new revisions.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
ok, thanks for the quick answers.