A couple of questions with r3113 and GSdx
I'm very sorry if these questions have been answered in the past but I can't find anything in the forum that can help me.

First, why is the latest revision version availbale on this site advertised as r3119 when every link gives me version r3113?

And second, why can't I choose a fullscreen resolution with the GSdx plugins provided with 0.9.7 r3113 like I can with 0.9.6?

Even if I use the plugins distributed with 0.9.6 and transfer them to 0.9.7 directory I still can't choose a full screen resolution in the options.

I'm stuck with a windowed resolution and it looks like absolute *****!

Sponsored links

(09-01-2010, 01:53 AM)VincentD Wrote: First, why is the latest revision version availbale on this site advertised as r3119 when every link gives me version r3113?

The program only takes changes to the pcsx2 folder when compiling to change the revision number on the .exe so it didn't change it because the changes between r3113 and r3119 were for other stuff (plugins, docs, installer), however you get SPU2-X r3117 and the installer is r3119 so it's not like nothing is missing.

Quote:And second, why can't I choose a fullscreen resolution with the GSdx plugins provided with 0.9.7 r3113 like I can with 0.9.6?

PCSX2 handles that now so the options in GSdx don't make a difference, to go to full screen click the game/GS window and do Alt+Enter which will use your desktop resolution to go fullscreen.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Alright, thanks a lot.

Edit: Still confused about the fullscreen thing... why the hell are we not able to choose ourselves what resolution we want the game to run in when in full screen mode??? That doesn't make any sense.

This is going backwards in my opinion...
Maybe later it will change (I doubt it tho), for now it is this way... just remember it is a beta and lot's of things change.

Also taking in count most displays nowadays are LCDs where you're supposed to use the native resolution only it doesn't seem to be going backwards to me Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
VincentD:
We are cleverly avoiding a TON of exclusive full screen problems.
Do you prefer constant crashes, loosing your game progress all the time? Smile
(09-01-2010, 12:10 PM)rama Wrote: VincentD:
We are cleverly avoiding a TON of exclusive full screen problems.
Do you prefer constant crashes, loosing your game progress all the time? Smile

You mean the emulator is more stable in window mode or in native resolution fullscreen than in non-native fullscreen?

Thanks for all the answers. I thought PCSX2 was a lot more stable than this. I don't recall a game crashing for me while playing, it's working or it's not.
The answer is a bit more subtle, it's being avoided fullscreen totally, what you see is a 'fake' windowed mode in your actual monitor's resolution Smile

Issues with toggling from full screen to desktop are not uncommon even in native PC games, you should believe solving all the possibles related problems toggling it is far from what the devs are, and really shouldn't be, concerned at this stage of the emulator's development.

PS: about stability... tsc... PC games aren't all these wonders too. The reason is very simple... PCs are almost all different one from another rig as the number of machines out there... it's not like programming for a console granted to be the same everywhere. An emulator suffers from the same difficulties having to deal with that many different configurations like any native game... just a bit more so...
Imagination is where we are truly real