A few questions about the new Qt interface
(05-26-2022, 11:49 PM)JackCross Wrote: Has the use of shaders has been discontinued in pcsx2-v1.7.2808-windows-64bit-AVX2-Qt? cant seem to find it anymore.

They are still available in the wxwidgets version. They haven't been implemented yet in Qt (along with TV Shaders).
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Still confused about no-interlacing patches not fully working anymore.

//No Interlacing
patch=1,EE,20240B4C,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,2016F5FC,word,34020001

That's the no-interlacing patch for Sly 2 NTSC-U. Load this patch on 1.6.0 and it works perfectly. Load this patch on 1.7.0 wx builds and it works perfectly. Load this patch on 1.7.0 Qt and it only slightly reduces screen shaking. This has been verified by others in the Sly community.
what about if you put it in the cheats folder and load it from there and manually disable deinterlacing?

That's what I've been doing. I didn't know there was a different way.
well i mean as apposed to the cheats_ni folder (which is where the interlacing patches should go), and if you use the cheats_ni folder, it should automatically disable the deinterlace mode. if it's not doing that, then we have a problem.

That's not the problem though. The patch does remove some of the shaking, but previously the patch would remove all of it. I've set a custom configuration with Deinterlacing set to None and the patch is loading as I have other patches in the pnach and they work fine. There's still a lot of screen shaking though, as if the patch is only working every other frame or something. Can someone else test the pnach above and see if they get the same thing?
And if you use the latest WX version (so 1.7.2819 with wx interface) in the same settings, it doesn't shake? (please double check this before replying)

I just tried latest wx interface build and it's behaving the same way, good thinking. I guess it's some recent change that makes the Sly games' no-interlacing patches not work, as 1.7.0 wasn't doing this until recently.
Okay, I'm glad I'm looking into this, because I just tested out Sly 3's no-interlacing patch. It loads, but doesn't work at all, screen is constantly shaking. This same patch on earlier 1.7.0 builds works fine.
I found the problem - it was with the patches. All the Sly games' no-interlacing patches had two lines, only one of which actually did anything deleting the second line on each fixes them. Apparently recent builds started acknowledging that second line.