A few questions about the new Qt interface
First off, I LOVE the new interface!  Easily accessible per-game configs, auto-updater, and a game cover view?  Excellent!  I do have a few questions though, I'm having trouble with a few things:

1.  How do I view the log?  In the old UI there was a Show Program Log button, I looked around and couldn't find a similar option.  It also doesn't seem to create any logs.  I needed to see if a certain game patch was loading.

2.  Where is the USB settings menu?  I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.  Considering everything else is extremely obvious, I'm guessing it hasn't been implemented yet?

3.  This is a smaller one, but some games' no-interlacing patches don't fully work anymore.  They now only stop some of the screen shaking, on older 1.7.0 builds and earlier they get rid of all of the screen shaking.  Same patch, different build, and all games that have interlacing and no-interlacing patches made for them act this way.  Does anyone know a potential cause for this?

4.  How do you unbind a system hotkey?  I want to unbind Esc so it doesn't pause emulation anymore, but although there's a new hotkey menu, there doesn't seem to be any option to unbind, only change bindings.

5.  Will we be able to see and edit pnach cheat files in the UI at any point?  Maybe toggle individual ones on and off?  That seems like a good idea.

Sponsored links

1. Debug->Enable System Console
2. There is no USB in there yet, this is on our TODO list
3. they should work just as well as they did on WX, did you forget to enable cheats under Settings->Emulation?
4. Settings->Hotkeys, then the system tab.
5. That's not immediately on the cards, maybe later, but for now we just want to at least reach feature parity (now we have the new shiny things)

Please keep in mind the Qt interface is in heavy WIP, it isn't complete, but it's usable for general playing (as long as you don't need USB)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

What about the Hardware Hacks/Fixes? The option is inaccesible in Nightly v1.7.2788. Is a W.I.P. thing or so?
(05-24-2022, 01:06 AM)w0of Wrote: What about the Hardware Hacks/Fixes? The option is inaccesible in Nightly v1.7.2788. Is a W.I.P. thing or so?

You have click the checkbox next to 'Manual Hardware Renderer Fixes' in the Graphics-->Rendering tab.

Edit: You can do this per-game now(Yes!); Run the game, then go to View-->Game Properties.

Also, nice work guys! Laugh
(05-24-2022, 01:06 AM)w0of Wrote: What about the Hardware Hacks/Fixes? The option is inaccesible in Nightly v1.7.2788. Is a W.I.P. thing or so?

How do you mean? You need to enable manual fixes on the renderer tab, but most games come with the fixes already applied.

Edit: sorry IPlayWithHex said the first bit before me.

"3. they should work just as well as they did on WX, did you forget to enable cheats under Settings->Emulation?"

That's enabled, and they do load, but only partially. On any WX from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0 they fully get rid of screen shaking, on 1.7.0 Qt they only partially reduce it.

"4. Settings->Hotkeys, then the system tab."

Yes I know that's there, but how do you unbind? I want those functions to not be mapped to ANY key. Some games have debugging functions that use Esc and the function keys.
You can try manually removing unwanted key binds from the [Hotkeys] section in the PCSX2.ini file. It's located in the inis folder inside the emulator's main folder. (When using a portable install, away...)
(05-26-2022, 03:52 AM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: "4. Settings->Hotkeys, then the system tab."

Yes I know that's there, but how do you unbind?  I want those functions to not be mapped to ANY key.  Some games have debugging functions that use Esc and the function keys.

I was able to suppress a hotkey like "escape" by doing a right click on it.
yes, right click clears the binding.

Has the use of shaders has been discontinued in pcsx2-v1.7.2808-windows-64bit-AVX2-Qt? cant seem to find it anymore.