A few questions, reports and a wtf?
well i have both XP and Win7 (and i haven't really tried much Dx10), but when i would use it on Pcsx2 it would work for a few minutes and then crash (or the graphics driver would start to act up (as in screen flashing and the driver "recovering from a critical error")), but i'm not really sure if i would really be able to use Dx10 on it Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja

Sponsored links

Your Intel GMA x4500 supports Dx10, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't try out Dx11 on Win7. Be sure that you have the latest Dx9 installed however and the drivers for your integrated grahic card updated. Also try the newest beta with the beta plugins and see if that fixes it.
Did you already up to date latest directx?
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
i always have DirectX and my drivers up to date Smile (and i wasn't actually asking for help Tongue, i was just responding to the last post in the previous page Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit

hmmm... maybe is the driver compatibility, when using Dx10 it crashes both the emu AND the driver (it appears as "the igfx display driver has stopped working and has recovered" ...or something like that, the message in my pc is in spanish xD). most likely I will have to install another SO (Win7 xP) or do a clean install, because it happens randomly, even when I'm not playing anything
and yeah, I have everything up to date
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(06-23-2009, 12:53 AM)marche1990 Wrote: maybe is the driver compatibility, when using Dx10 it crashes both the emu AND the driver (it appears as "the igfx display driver has stopped working and has recovered" ... because it happens randomly, even when I'm not playing anything
yea, the same thing happens to me (and i'm using Win7 x64) Mellow
Windows 7 64bit

Integrated graphic cards are known to not be as good as regular, but crashing when not playing anything? The only reason I can think of software-wise would be the drivers. Sometimes some newer graphic drivers are known to be problematic in which case users often sees if it helps to revert back to an older version of the drivers.
well could be that those Vista drivers don't work properly with Win7 Mellow (since the original Win7 drivers don't have those glitches ~_~)
Windows 7 64bit

Windows 7 have a relative high compability with Windows Vista, but sometimes they might end up doing nasty things. However you can get the official "true" Windows 7 driver by updating the computer with Windows Update, as Intel have released WDM drivers there. These might however not contain all features that the Vista drivers does.
(06-23-2009, 07:46 AM)Aemony Wrote: However you can get the official "true" Windows 7 driver by updating the computer with Windows Update, as Intel have released WDM drivers there.

These might however not contain all features that the Vista drivers does.
this is why i'm using the latest Vista drivers (the iDeaS emulator won't work very well on drivers that only have support for OpenGL 1.1 ~_~)
Windows 7 64bit