A little doubt about PCSX2
Well my is why pcsx2 is requiring more and more hardware because it should be able to run with a 6 years old pc but no every release is more and more hardware demanding in my computer should work perfect by reading everyone posts but nope lets see interpreter 10 fps and recompiler about 15 fps i think there is a problem with optimization codes to work fater normally a recompiler should work 6 to 10 times faster then interpreter so i could say pcsx2 works only on interpreter mode the other problem i have is the compatibility list i have all the versions of pcsx2 and i mean all svn,stable reeases you name it and some games marked as playable wont work and other marked as unplayable are playable curious aout that lets see the game .hack fragment is tagged playable but it isnt i tried everything and it didnt work so i started looking some stuffs in internet and downloaded a hacked Gameindex.dbf and several games worked the game .hack fragment worked perfectly (slow but perfect) and i noted the differences the hacked gameindex sayd 4 gamefixes and the oficial sayd 3 so i started studying abou ps2 and i realize a lot of stuffs but first
This is my hardware
AMD Athlon 2.4 GHZ 2 fisical cores 2 virtual
GPU AMD Radeon HD 1 GB
6 Gb ram (4b normal ram + 2 GB gaming ram)
Windows 7 Ulimate 64 Bit
PCSX2 it should work fine but nope
Now im gonna be constructive
The ps2 have a special 128 bit cpu thats what is normally sayd but nope its an arquitecture taked from sega saturn (the sega saturn 2 cpu core of 32 bit + GPU + ram + spu + hdd is the same arquitecture at a lower power as the ps2 - ps3 -psp)

Now lets see the cpu of the ps2 is 2 cpu of 64 bit the same as the psp in fact the psp have identical hardware to the ps2 (and i mean identycal i tooked appart a ps2 and psp to check the hardware and are the same ,interesting.
So lets see if the psp and ps2 have the same hardware a computer able to emulate psp perfectly should be able to run ps2 games as well (im able to emulate the psp perfectly on my pc) but the problem is pcsx2 is more hardware demanding but why?
As someone sayd you cant compare the emulation because evrything have different hardware
Case 1 im able to emulate wii on dolphin emulator why im unable to reach playable speed at pcsx2
Answer in the forum the wii have a hardware similar to pc so is easy to translate to pc hardware .
But the problem is why because the wii have a power pc processor of 3.2 ghz you would need at least a cpu dual core of 4 ghz minimum but you are able to reach the best speed in a dual core processor of 2 ghz the answer to this is recompiler optimized .
Case 2 im able to play psp in jpcsp and ppsspp at full speeed why im unable to play pcsx2 at full speed
Answer from the forums the psp and the ps2 are 2 different consoles the ps2 have a hardware too difficult to emulate and the psp is similar in arquitecture to pc so is easier to emulate
And this was a tricky answer because the truth is the psp and the ps2 have the same hardware the same opcodes the same registers so why if you are able to emulate the psp you are unable to emulate the ps2 since they are the same technically speaking the anser is optimized recompiler
If you have some ideas as why pcsx2 is becoming more and more hardware demanding answer here
PS: Not everyone is able to buy a computer every 6 months not everyone is able to upgrade their computers every year
By the way the only reason im intersted in emulation is because i can take a notebook or my tower to almost any place and play all my bakups but the emulator works so slow is kinda deceiving.

My stuffs
6 pc ( 1 custom made the one i wanted use to emulate)
1 Notebook HP Pavilion G6 Gaming Edition
3 Ps2 Phat (+1 R.I.P)
1 PSP (+1 R.I.P)
1 PS3 250 GB slim
1 XBOX 360 250 GB Kinnect ready
1 Nintendo WII
Games Count to date +9000

Well i hope someone have ideas as how to improve the speed of PCSX2 because as someone said "great emulation compatibility without speed is the same as nothing"

Sponsored links

Please reformat your post so I can read it clearly
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
First off, do not assume anything. my old E2200 @ 2.2 Ghz dual was running faster with each release, up until that PC all but died
(05-30-2014, 08:18 AM)Tabris666 Wrote: Well my is why pcsx2 is requiring more and more hardware because it should be able to run with a 6 years old pc but no every release is more and more hardware demanding in my computer should work perfect by reading everyone posts but nope lets see interpreter 10 fps and recompiler about 15 fps i think there is a problem with optimization codes to work fater normally a recompiler should work 6 to 10 times faster then interpreter *snip*

http://www.smwiki.net/wiki/Bsnes
Quote:A fast processor. A 2.0GHz single core CPU is the recommended minimum. You will want a 3.0 GHz dual core CPU for best results.
Hardware-accelerated graphics are highly recommended.
A supported operating system
Windows XP/Vista/7 (binaries provided[citation needed])
cycle accurate SNES emulator. only works on a modern pc, and yes this is 100% accurate on requirements

SNES hardware specs:
Quote:CPU: 16-bit 65816 (3.58MHz)
RAM: 128KB (1Mb), 64KB (0.5Mb) Video RAM
Graphics: Dedicated graphics processor
Colors: 32768 (256 on screen)
Sprites: 128
Sprite Size: 64x64 pixels
Resolution: 512x448 pixels
Sound: 8-channel 8-bit Sony SPC700 digitized sound
source: http://www.cyberiapc.com/vgg/nintendo_snes.htm

So you are saying that this emulator should work on a.. 30 year old pc?

and just for S and Gs, I ran a test on interpreter. using Kingdom Hearts:

VUs:
Int: 130 FPS
rec: 132 FPS

EE:
int: 14 FPS

IOP:
int: 75 FPS

ALL:

int: 13 FPS
(05-30-2014, 08:18 AM)Tabris666 Wrote: the problem is pcsx2 is more hardware demanding but why?

Because had some hardware more complex than psp...The games works thanks a micro programs (you can se that in PCSX2 when loading those) and much more (pcsx2 devs can explain better then i ) than PSP..... Emulation is hard to do,because all the command of ps2 need to be translate in PC language,by the work of recompiler (MicroVu or SuperVu Rec) (in real time) that need much CPU power (for good a 3.0 ghz or +) a good GPU (Nvidia for this is better) and not all games works at full speed.....For example Dead or Alive 2 PAL make PCSX2 crash.....
(05-30-2014, 10:09 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Because had some hardware more complex than psp...The games works thanks a micro programs (you can se that in PCSX2 when loading those) and much more (pcsx2 devs can explain better then i ) than PSP..... Emulation is hard to do,because all the command of ps2 need to be translate in PC language,by the work of recompiler (MicroVu or SuperVu Rec) (in real time) that need much CPU power (for good a 3.0 ghz or +) a good GPU (Nvidia for this is better) and not all games works at full speed.....For example Dead or Alive 2 PAL make PCSX2 crash.....

i think you didnt read what i said about psp and ps2 and what i sacrificed to get good information they have the same hardware (same arquitecture,cpu,gpu,spu ) the same registers the same opcodes but a little difference the first one both hardwares works in the same way but the psp hardware is a little more powerfull the second the security in psp at os or firmware level is way harder to emulate than ps2 firmware third the psp have a more complicated emulation hardware + firmware than ps2 in resume to emulate completely psp you need a computer more powerfull than one to emulate ps2
Oh ? this user again ?
so, how is your own PS2 emulator going ? Now that you have sony sdk to make one, And since you have been working on it for 1 year, I guess we should be able to see an alpha version soon ?
FTR : refering to this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dot-Hack-...#pid275458

Quote:i think you didnt read what i said about psp and ps2 and what i sacrificed to get good information they have the same hardware (same arquitecture,cpu,gpu,spu ) the same registers the same opcodes but a little difference the first one both hardwares works in the same way but the psp hardware is a little more powerfull the second the security in psp at os or firmware level is way harder to emulate than ps2 firmware third the psp have a more complicated emulation hardware + firmware than ps2 in resume to emulate completely psp you need a computer more powerfull than one to emulate ps2

Can you please prove this ? What are your sources/proofs ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-30-2014, 10:59 AM)Tabris666 Wrote: psp and ps2 have the same hardware (same arquitecture,cpu,gpu,spu )

Where is THIS proof? Considering that there are a LOT of people with complete kernel access to the PSP and PS2, what proof have you of this information?
lets see i disasembled a psp and one ps2 i have all the documentation of psp and ps2 from their respectives sony sdk and i think someone refered to me before but first read it because they deleted almost all the answers
1.- i never said i was developing a ps2 emulator dont take things out of proportion what i said to that user with a low end pc deleted message by admin quote "you can send a mail to sony to get the sdk the latest version of the sdk have a built in emulator with debugger make sure to ask for the latest version i sended an email and was able to get the sdk disc for free but it was an old version"
2.- the ps2 emulator from sony is able to run with this hardware Intel Pentium 2.0 ghz,Ati Radeon 9250 256 mb, 256 mb Ram i know this because my friend was the one that told me about that and thats the hardware of his computer unfortunately he said "if you want the sdk with the emulator ask it for yourself" and thats how i have all the documentation of ps2 and psp if you want this i will upload it all the ps2 sdk and documentation as i said a long time ago.
Are you happy with my answer
お前ほんとにばか
Fyi, your "friend" is a liar, sony has never made a pc version of their emulator, he is more likely referring to the ps2 TOOL, which has a pc and ps2 in one box
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-30-2014, 12:10 PM)Tabris666 Wrote: 2.- the ps2 emulator from sony is able to run with this hardware Intel Pentium 2.0 ghz,Ati Radeon 9250 256 mb, 256 mb Ram i know this because my friend was the one that told me about that and thats the hardware of his computer unfortunately he said "if you want the sdk with the emulator ask it for yourself" and thats how i have all the documentation of ps2 and psp if you want this i will upload it all the ps2 sdk and documentation as i said a long time ago.
Are you happy with my answer
お前ほんとにばか
Awesome, good luck using that ( if it exists).

What is the point of your thread again? Make PCSX2 run on ancient Athlon X2 hardware?
Here is the source: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2
Tell us when you fix it to run on a Pentium 3 @ 450 Mhz. Kthx bai
[Image: newsig.jpg]