A little doubt about PCSX2
(05-30-2014, 12:26 PM)refraction Wrote: Fyi, your "friend" is a liar, sony has never made a pc version of their emulator, he is more likely referring to the ps2 TOOL, which has a pc and ps2 in one box

It appears to me you didnt read he was playing ps2 games with the sony sdk integrated emulator and he didnt told me i saw it ,is harde to get the trick because if a game is bad made like all the americans games the debugger jumps saying the information with the bug and i said to you "if you want the oficial sony sdk with all the documentation that i was able to get i will uploadoit just say that you want it" the problem is version 2.4that means no emulator integrated and they sended me the disc free because i didnt want the debug station (ps2 modified able to conect to a pc trough serial port) by the way all the companies have made emulators because to program a game you use a computer to test the boot and the game you use the emulator to debug you use the debug station + emulator debugger and sony hae made eulators for psone,ps2,ps3,psp they use the emulators in conferences about new products,testing sample disc and other stuff like upgrading the firmware

Sponsored links

Im sorry but playing decent ps2 games on that pc at full speed is impossible, not even sony can do that.

what games did you see?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Wait...
Until now, I've been thinking you were joking, but it looks like you are really believing in what you're saying.

Just one question : do you still want to look ridiculous, or will you finally bring proofs/sources to back up all you're trying to joke about ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It doesn't matter if Sony's emulator can or can't do it. PCSX2 doesn't have Sony's resources and PCSX2 can't do it, and that's the bottom line.

To satisfy your requirements for PS2 games on low-end PC, you're free to either get a hold of this other emulator, write your own emulator, contribute improvements to PCSX2, or upgrade your hardware and use PCSX2.

FWIW, it's possible that a Sony tool is able to compile PS2 games from source code into native PC code, at which case it will allow debugging and "emulation" of PS2 games with relatively low PC hardware requirements, but since PCSX2 doesn't have access or compile the source code into native PC executable, you're probably comparing apples to oranges here.

Regardless, the bottom line and your options remain the same.
The bottom line should probably be: Don't feed the troll...
Quote: by the way all the companies have made emulators because to program a game you use a computer to test the boot and the game

Are you honestly conflating cross-compilation of programs that have swappable backends with an emulator. Because I can assure you that game companies that didn't have enough devkits (which was an issue a lot of people had in the beginning) did not have the time to program an emulator.
(05-30-2014, 04:27 PM)willkuer Wrote: The bottom line should probably be: Don't feed the troll...

+rep for that.
that again tho? is like a deja vu. sorry. Biggrin

the only sony emulator i ever heard or read rumors of is that - i feel like i remember - "project tinkerbell" which was rumored to be a cross-platform development helper tool like emulator related to the psp sdk.

a raw pentium 4 with a fast radeon 9250? this was the ati truform hardware under the hood emulating the tesselation engine of the psp and vertex shaders for the fixed code "Hardware Clipping, Morphing, Bone(8)" and some pixel math to blend. also st3c texture compression. that's what the beef is about. i can't find what that vector fpu in there is. could be a vu0. that hypothetical vu1 is definetely fixed function fed, thus easier to emulate with shaders. it's not the ps2 tho. Wink
My mistake i made an error about version the one i have is 3.0 if you think im lying then why i have this:
http://www.4shared.com/archive/azp_MKuZ/...ver_3.html

if im such a lyer then why i have this and other stuff thanks to that sdk studio universe where able to make real convertion of ps2 games to pc the run natively and require the minimum lets se i downloaded their convertion of dragon quest VIII,kof98 ultimate match,monster hunter 1 -2 -G, and a lot more and is fully transtalated to pc and they run smooth without lag and they where able to improve the pcsx2 code to run faster lets see team pcsx2.net version 12 to 16 fps ,studio universe version 45 fps to 50 same hardware so they whre able to improve the emulator improving the reompiler code with my help because i was the one that give them the sdk like i said if you want the sdk i will uploadit just ask and now you have it the documentation and sdk are really usefull if you want i can add the studio universe pcsx2 the problem is in chinese and that is a problem because i dont know chinese.

by the way if the psp is not the same than those guide to convert ps2 games to run on psp are lies and the game evangelion jo of ps2 i installed on the psp it shouldnt work but the truth is it works perfectly and persona 3 fes works when i converted those to psp thank to those guides and playing them trough psp
I'll give this thread a day before closing it. Ladies, wrap up your arguments.