A little help with improving config (atm soul calibur 2/3 and GTA liberty)
O.o here's my basic deal

my copy of marvel vs capcom 2, persona 4, and capcom vs snk all worked quite tolerable with pcsx2 2.4

But I had issues with other games, I just downloaded the version of playground on the main download page.

I am using all default settings (shaders 2 and dx9 so far) although I've enabled dual core mode and the basic stable preconfig under speedhacks (though I've tried varying things a bit for improvment but no avail)

my specs are:

intel core 2 [email protected] 2.39ghz
4g ram (wasted unfortunately)
vista 32 home premium
geforce 8600gts

as SOON as i tried running ff XII it ran AMAZINGLY, almost constant 60+fps, fantasic, though I havent had to set anything it's obviously using fairly good AA, havent had to adjust filtering or anything

yet I can't even run soul calibur 3 menu above 5 fps, and GTA liberty city stories will not run either, SC 2 I can get through menus and char select decently, but once a fight starts all characters are pitch black polygons and horrid fps, totally unplayable. Yet I'm fairly sure ff XII trumps soul cal 2 in the graphics dept...

Basically I'm really at a loss, I think my specs are enough now, and it seems it's hit or miss on some discs...I'm assuming it's gotta by my complete fail at understanding the settings and emulation, and I haven't found much help through browsings other's posts (though it was a post that got me to get playground, hell yeah love it)

So what can I do

Sponsored links

Oh I forgot to mention, marvel vs cap 2 still runs fine on my old setup pcsx2, but i cant get more then 15fps on playground, really wierd
So could you recap that for me?
Your games all ran nice and fast with pcsx2 0.94 (the official one), but with playground they're slow and unplayable?
MvC2 ran well on official, terrible on playground

but FFXII runs perfect on playground, terrible on official

playground plays gta better then official(as in just skippy low fps, not half a screen of artifacts and blobs to the point you can't tell what you're doing) , but still very low fps (even though ff xii is so much more graphics intensive)

and soul cal 2/3 are basically so bad they're unplayable at all, and at least 2 is pretty old and not too graphics intensive

I was just looking into patches, could patches help or are they pretty much just cheats and the like
I finished GTA LCS and I must say it's slowest game I ever tried
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
(01-03-2009, 11:10 PM)lysergical Wrote: MvC2 ran well on official, terrible on playground

but FFXII runs perfect on playground, terrible on official

playground plays gta better then official(as in just skippy low fps, not half a screen of artifacts and blobs to the point you can't tell what you're doing) , but still very low fps (even though ff xii is so much more graphics intensive)

and soul cal 2/3 are basically so bad they're unplayable at all, and at least 2 is pretty old and not too graphics intensive

I was just looking into patches, could patches help or are they pretty much just cheats and the like

MvC2 will run slow if you use the VM version WITHOUT enabling the fast memory patch (just enable patches).Alternatively,use the tlb/vtlb version of PCSX2 to play the game at good speeds.
Soul Calibur games still have tons of bugs,that is why both are noted as 'Ingame' status in the compatibility list.Especially 3 is so slow you can't even try playing it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah thanks bosit, the patch sped up mvc2, and it runs perfectly in the non vm.

It just seems really odd that I can run ffxii so well but not an old game like SC2. QQ

After a little more playing with settings I've gotten gta running at 15fps, but stable, and no crazy visual glitches. Still a little too slow to enjoy though.
It's already been stated a lot of times. Different games use different engines. If for example, you can run GT4, it doesn't mean you can run SC3. They're just different engines, and if an engine is harder to emulate, it will run slower. Maybe someday those games will run better, maybe never. Only time will tell.