A newbie trying to use PCSX2
Hi All,

I'm new to this so bear with me. I'm trying to get PCSX2 running on my PC so that I can back up and play my old PS2 games on my PC. I've been reading on the web how to do this but am a bit confused. I need to dump my BIOS from my PS2, I know this much, but I can't seem to find a way to do this. I have an old 'chubby' PS2 and no ethernet adaptor is there anyway to do it without modding my PS2? Also could someone provide me with a bit of an idiots guide as to how to dump the BIOS and set up PCSX2?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=tool

Grab the bios dumper and follow the advice in it. I used a USB stick to do it,but I'm not sure if your PS2 needs to be modded to do that. Give it a try
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-01-2009, 01:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=tool

Grab the bios dumper and follow the advice in it. I used a USB stick to do it,but I'm not sure if your PS2 needs to be modded to do that. Give it a try

Thanks for the reply Bositman. Unfortunately I have already tried this, my PS2 doesn't recognise any usb sticks or external hds through the usb ports. I think the PS2 needs to be either modded are using a codebreaker or swap magic or something like that to recognise the usb sticks.
I used a usb pen, swap magic, and the burned iso of the bios dumper. Works like a charm Smile
Rig: Intel C2D E6750 @ 3.2GHz, 4GB ram 800Mhz 5-5-15, nVidia 8800GT @ stock, Asus P5N-E SLI
Main OS: Arch Linux x86_64 /w i686 chroot
Alt. OS: Windows Vista 7 build 7068
Hi all,

I finally bought a copy of swap magic and used the usb dumper using a usb pen. All the files seemed to dump properly and the message read 'done'. I then double clicked the bat file with the 7z file and got my .p2b file. I added my serial number to the name of the file and copied it to the bios directory in my pcsx2 folder. However the bios doesn't seem to be recognised, I cannot see it in the drop down menu in the configure window? I've tried reselecting the bios directory folder but the file is still not recognised am I missing something simple?

Cheers
You have to extract the files Smile Right click the p2b file and extract it either with 7zip or winrar. Then put the files in your BIOS dir and you're done
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Aha!! Smile. It was somethin simple then Smile.

All done and working, although I can't get any decent speeds from my PC. Although reading other threads it looks like my PC is just too underpowered, would I expect to be able to get decent speeds from a AMD Athlon64 3700+ (running at 2.75Gb), 2Gig of RAM and an ATI Radeon X1800GT?

If not I guess I'll just have to back my games up for the future, thanks for all your help guys.