A problem...
(07-16-2013, 06:51 PM)Saiki Wrote: run "%currentuser%\Documents\pcsx2\logs"

you meant %USERPROFILE%
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

shade boost isn't the issue. AA1 only affects software mode..

(07-16-2013, 06:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you meant %USERPROFILE%

yea, you're right there..
(07-16-2013, 06:39 PM)Koji Wrote: Go to your audio plugin settings and change "Xaudio" to "Direct Sound" and that should fix the crashing. It's a known issue in Win 7 and 8 (maybe vista as well).

Thanks man! Now work excelent!

Greets from italy!
(07-16-2013, 06:39 PM)Koji Wrote: Go to your audio plugin settings and change "Xaudio" to "Direct Sound" and that should fix the crashing. It's a known issue in Win 7 and 8 (maybe vista as well).

wait what know bug? is this why I keep randomly getting this crashs in pcsx2 where it stops responding and eventlog in windows is referring to some driver associated with spu2 plugin?
Yup;p, Xaudio2 has problems on some systems, you either have to switch it to different module or try different sound drivers or update dx. I dunno why it's keept as default with the problem being soo common when the difference is like none on normal hardware from Direct Sound;p.
(07-16-2013, 06:43 PM)Saiki Wrote: I'm using Xaudio on Win8 with no issues. I suspect it's something else

Sorry, forgot to say "some" systems with Win 7 and 8 have the problem. It's a known issue but no one is sure on the exact cause yet. I can confirm I had this exact same problem myself. Oddly, DirectSound doesn't work at all for me, so I have to use waveOut, but that works fine so I can't complain.

The big clue to look for is if it's every game that's causing the crash, and that it generally happens after 10-15 minutes (though some people reported that it only happens once an hour or so). Refraction made a post on it I think somewhere as well.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Damn never knew that maybe that is why i keep getting these random crashes with pcsx2 stopped working message, I gona have to give this a test cause all i know those crash are completely random, could be 30 minute between crash or hour upon hours before it random crashes. and 90% of time event viewer is pointing at the spu2 driver in some way.
i got this same problem too...what i know in possible to solve this is to try set pcsx2 program in Win7 compatability mode(shortcut properties)
although i still just new in haswell and win8 thing i'll continue to observe this random crush thing
(07-17-2013, 01:45 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i got this same problem too...what i know in possible to solve this is to try set pcsx2 program in Win7 compatability mode(shortcut properties)
although i still just new in haswell and win8 thing i'll continue to observe this random crush thing

I'm not sure why (or how) that would help with this particular issue since it is a win7 issue as well.

Changing to DirectSound is the easiest solution with essentially no negative side effects. As I said, I've actually had to use WaveOut which is supposedly "laggy" but even using it I can't notice any issues.
[Image: 2748844.png]