A problem with pcsx2 versions 1648 and above
I didn't say tekken was working on 1653 for me either. which it in fact does not, that's no reason to jump down my throat. and yea, I agree, I probably WOULD be a lousy emu programmer, but only because so far I haven't touched a coding book in my life, perhaps if I leaned to code then I'd be much better at it, but yes, right now I'm nnot a great help when it comes to the code, thanks for pointing out he obvious

Sponsored links

same ... tekken 5 in latest svn is non functioning after namco screen on my setup. soul calibur 3 runs like sh*t off a stick though (still has ghosting but man its fast soooo fast)!!!
2xE5462@3081MHz Xeons : 4GB 800Mhz RAM : 8800GT
Well, didn't have much luck with that dump; it said block 16 was missing.

Try r1657, though. There was a bug in there due to my inability to count the number of zeros in 0x80000000, and that's likely what was causing it...
Tekken 5 fixed as of rev 1657
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Glad to hear it. I'd been wanting to get home and hunt down this bug all day, so I'm glad I finally got a chance to do it.

Now I can go back to breaking thi-, er, working on the dma tag code...
(08-20-2009, 02:34 AM)Saiki Wrote: I didn't say tekken was working on 1653 for me either. which it in fact does not, that's no reason to jump down my throat.

In fact it is a good reason to jump down your throat, if it in fact does not work, because posts you made implied that it did. Such as "What errors? Everything works fine for me in 1653" followed by two entirely unhelpful posts of logs which have no visible errors. If it weren't for the fact that we're all smart enough to automatically disregard 90% of the stuff you say in the first place, we'd have taken such comments as having some kind of legitimate and sensible meaning, and would have acted accordingly.

Furthermore, posting links to 50mb files with virtually no description isn't really helpful either. I'm still not even sure what the movie was supposed to be of -- Tekken5 working, or Tekken5 freezing? I have no interest to download and find out because in either case it's a worthless waste of internet bandwidth: We all know what a game looks like when it hangs with a black screen, and it's pretty obviously unintended and buggy behavior. Textual descriptions more than suffice.

.. and if it's a movie of the game working then.. umm.. wtf? Trying to comprehend the point of that should hurt my mind.. but fortunately where there's no sense, there's no pain.

Oh and for future reference, when you make dumps of games, always run them through the BIOS. Skipping bios on dumps is what causes the "missing block 16" error. And on Tekken 5 this is especially necessary because the game requires BIOS booting on certain versions of the PS2 BIOS, otherwise it hangs.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-20-2009, 04:22 PM)Air Wrote: Oh and for future reference, when you make dumps of games, always run them through the BIOS. Skipping bios on dumps is what causes the "missing block 16" error. And on Tekken 5 this is especially necessary because the game requires BIOS booting on certain versions of the PS2 BIOS, otherwise it hangs.

For your information, I DID run it through the bios, I know how to make a block dump, I've done it several times now, I don't know WHY that block 16 error popped up, because I did it right. but I'll try making another in a little while