A question about pcsx'2 frameskipping
I am aware that pcsx'2 frameskipping is jerky,buggy etc. and i'm aware that it is caused by ps2's hardware design.

Question is,Is there still a chance that pcsx2's frameskipping become more optimized and less buggy?

Because I have encountered some ps2 games.
Games that do not do frameskipping in the actual console but can do so.
Games that are very ghydcgydgyy with pcsx2's frameskipping but very perfect with internal frameskipping.

And to be honest,I think(but I might be wrong) that a lot,if not the majority of ps2 games are THESE type of games.

Sponsored links

You can't frame skip, ps2 is way to complex for frame skipping. The team don't have that fetcher down yet maybe one day but not today. Sad
Frameskipping is useless on PS2 titles, spending time on it would be a waste.
(02-24-2014, 05:02 PM)mosss Wrote: You can't frame skip, ps2 is way to complex for frame skipping. The team don't have that fetcher down yet maybe one day but not today. Sad

But at least it is possible since a lot of ps2 games are capable of doing it
Summarizing your threads so far:

You want to have frameskipping and ee cycle and vu cycle at more than three....
... because you have a Dualcore @ 2.0 GHz in your notebook.

The main purpose of this emulator is to be as accurate as possible, provide additional features and make it run with current available hardware.
This doesn't seem to be compatible with your wishes...

Maybe you just spend $300/500€ and get a better pc.
(02-24-2014, 05:28 PM)willkuer Wrote: Summarizing your threads so far:

You want to have frameskipping and ee cycle and vu cycle at more than three....
... because you have a Dualcore @ 2.0 GHz in your notebook.

The main purpose of this emulator is to be as accurate as possible, provide additional features and make it run with current available hardware.
This doesn't seem to be compatible with your wishes...

Maybe you just spend $300/500€ and get a better pc.

UHMMM AAAH........
Okay ,I'm now speechless.
Okay,you caught me red-handed by what my impossible wish was.

I feel humiliated so I'm sorry

And about the thread,I was just being curious,nothing harmless.(at least I was not begging on my knees to the devs to fix frameskipping since I'm aware how hard it is to be even implemented in the first place)

Plus,I do understand that accuracy and compatibility comes first and I also understand that the devs use current hardware as basis.

I do feel slightly dissapointed though that some have floccinaucinihilipilifications towards small things that can help enhance a bigger picture,then again,some of these"small things" maybe proven to be wastes of time.

All I cans say is that I am very content with the performance of this beautiful and intricately made emulator on my device despite the fact that my device is....well.........a................you get the idea,ryt?
And I hope that the devs keep on improving the project overall for everyone's needs and not on a selfish person's wants.
So i'm truly sorry from the deepest parts of my immaturely childish heart.
Don't take it so hard buddy Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I was wishing frame skipping on pcsx2 branch( playground ) to be implemented again. But devs goal only on accuracy. So im sorry for it. It waste Sad
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
No really, look at what we offer now. This is the best result you can get from frameskipping on a complex 3D rendering console.
There's no wiggle room for improvements, this is it.
aww,that's just sad(I will not stop hoping but i will stoo complaining and begging)