A shortcut to change the volume in game
Has one been implemented yet?

aka control + s to turn emu sound off/on ?

Sponsored links

I don't think so, that's a great idea though Laugh
I will keep looking and tell you if I find a way to do this Laugh
You could use the media control keys on your keyboard. There's some tools for this as well, I believe.
(12-11-2012, 09:57 PM)rama Wrote: You could use the media control keys on your keyboard. There's some tools for this as well, I believe.

Not all keyboards have sound control.

Although, after a lot of research I have found a script to change volume and even dim/brighten the screen (I know it's not what you asked for but it's a little bonus!)

You can download it here.
This is compatible for vista/windows 7, I'm not sure about other operating systems.
Please post the results for anyone else who happens to stumble upon this thread Laugh
(12-11-2012, 09:57 PM)rama Wrote: You could use the media control keys on your keyboard. There's some tools for this as well, I believe.

I use xpadder to bind keyboard controls to my controller.

However, I want to be able to mute the emulator while unpausing my mp3 player (grinding exp, farming etc)
There is a program called Autohotkey that should be considered, it is so powerful than I use it despite having a macro able keyboard (K90).

Search the Internet for it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-13-2012, 02:18 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: There is a program called Autohotkey that should be considered, it is so powerful than I use it despite having a macro able keyboard (K90).

Search the Internet for it.

How would I use this to turn off the emu sound while not turning off master sound?
(12-13-2012, 05:23 PM)Ariestr Wrote: How would I use this to turn off the emu sound while not turning off master sound?

It can't do it, it just can generate hotkeys of any sort of complexity (even macros)... So it would map determined keys to use the system already existent MMedia key codes.

Although it's a possibility, the emulation is still in development and one should wait the devs having some breathing to spare while caring for more pressing issues than cosmetic ones. Mainly because that function of volume control already exist and defining key usage is something that must be well thought if hardcoded and increasingly complicated if user definable.
Imagination is where we are truly real