A strange speed issue
just set the power options to "Maximum Performance" Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja

Sponsored links

How do i set power options to maximum performance?
Wandering through this screwed up world is like having amnesia and dejavu at the same time, theres always the damnedest feeling I've forgotten this all before
go to Control Panel, if you have the control panel set to the old way then click on "Power Options", and click on "High Performance" (if you don't see it then click on "Show additional plans", you'll see it there) Smile
Windows 7 64bit

I went into power options and set it to always on (there is no high performance or show additional plans options) and there is no change in the speed, it's still going slow
Wandering through this screwed up world is like having amnesia and dejavu at the same time, theres always the damnedest feeling I've forgotten this all before
oh so you're using XP? Mellow
Windows 7 64bit

i am using XP Pro SP3
(03-16-2009, 12:56 AM)robbyboi Wrote:
(03-15-2009, 11:59 PM)MetalUp Wrote: I found he solution, in my case anyway !
The problem was that the processor goes slow sometime, i really don't know why. And i found that log : Notebook hardware control.
I've set the CPU to Max Performance, and know PCSX2 works like a charm !

I'm really enjoying to play FF X on my laptop with 40-50 FPS... Respect for the job of the team !!

Biggrin

Does anyone know how to do this on an HP?

Actually, i'm doing this on a HP Laptop.

The "Power Option" didn't work for me, this is the only soultion i found yet.
this is maddening. It must be software related, would formatting my computer and reinstalling windows help?. thats all i can think of
@deusexmacina : If you have os vista, you can try that os. In many cases os vista will give you more fps in game. Have you try gsdx.0.1.4 software mode in that game? What settings do you use in pcsx2 option? (cpu config, speed hacks and advance option).
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I have vista although i really don't like it and my settings are all default except resolution which is set to native. i have tried speed hacks and they make virtually no difference and the cpu settings have almost everything turned on

another thing i've noticed is once pcsx2 slows down my cpu speed drops down to about 1.3 Ghz until i exit the game