A strange speed issue
That is strange, why pcsx2 give your cpu to down clock? Is this happen to all of games you are trying or only this game. Please try to disable CnQ in bios mobo.
That is strange, why pcsx2 give your cpu to down clock? Is this happen to all of games you are trying or only this game. Please try to disable CnQ in bios mobo.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.

Sponsored links

this happens on all games in pcsx2, but not regular pc games
Wandering through this screwed up world is like having amnesia and dejavu at the same time, theres always the damnedest feeling I've forgotten this all before
disabled cool n quiet, cpu speed and multiplier still goes down to half after 15-20 seconds of pcsx2 and goes back up after exiting the game even if i dont exit pcsx2
Wandering through this screwed up world is like having amnesia and dejavu at the same time, theres always the damnedest feeling I've forgotten this all before
I dont know man, what exactly your problem, is your cpu an overclock one? Seems the problem heating cpu you got there, please check your cpu temp.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Actually the problem is the fact that Pcsx2 is not quad core compatible and will only support up to dual core processors. This means only half of your AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core (2.6 Ghz) is used giving a max of around 1.3 Ghz. The problem is that I don't know what Pcsx2 does when used with a Quad Core but now I am guessing disable half of it for your entire system so now your entire computer and pcsx2 must share only 2 cores which resulted in the reduced speed. My recommendation is that you seek quad core support to find out the best solution.

Good luck
Happens here the same 80FPS drops to 35-25FPS, I believe first time I noticed this was in pcsx2-playground r631, I told rama2, back then.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2-playgroun...tail?r=631

Edit: but I discovered that after updating the bios, settings for my CPU in the CMOS changed to power saving.. crap!
(03-17-2009, 05:59 PM)Zanoab Wrote: This means only half of your AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core (2.6 Ghz) is used giving a max of around 1.3 Ghz.
the cpu speed has nothing to do with the amount of cores (so it'll just be like a Dual Core that has 2.6GHz).

(03-17-2009, 05:59 PM)Zanoab Wrote: The problem is that I don't know what Pcsx2 does when used with a Quad Core but now I am guessing disable half of it for your entire system so now your entire computer and pcsx2 must share only 2 cores which resulted in the reduced speed.
i don't think that pcsx2 disables the other 2 cores (but it could be that) Mellow
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Deus, Make sure on the power plan you selected, in the advanced settings the Minimum/Maximum processor state is at 100%. Disable the CoolnQuiet feature in your Bios if possible, not just by selection of the power plan itself.

And no PCSX2 does not 'disable' any of the cores. <.<
Ninja
(03-18-2009, 12:05 AM)Trigun Wrote: And no PCSX2 does not 'disable' any of the cores. <.<
yea that's what i thought Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Iv'e disabled cool n quiet a set the power scheme to always on, i have no idea what temp my cpu is at. the strange thing is even with cool n quiet enable my cpu always runs at 2.6Ghz with a 13X multiplier no matter what i run, but after those first 15 seconds in pcsx2 it all slows down, this only happens in pcsx2 ,nothing else, so i guess it's something pcsx2 specific

Is tere any way to lock my cpu multiplier at 13?