A sugesttion for the PCSX2 coders
I wonder if there´s anyway to develop or code a process that would switch between speedhacks cycles while pcsx2 it's running.Like you did with the framelimiter with the "TAB" key.

Why ? because some games need the x3 cycle to run at good speeds during ingame but videos and menu´s has errors (SoulCalibur for example 3x cycles wont show menus, but ingame gets 60fps, default cycle shows the menu but ingame gets 24 fps).

I dont know if this its possible coding level, but its an idea.

Sponsored links

This would be very useful indeed.
(03-04-2009, 03:54 PM)ca36gtp Wrote: This would be very useful indeed.

I second that but dont know if it is possible
I think it's a good idea since as you said some games require some specific speed hacks at some moments (I think for example for Soul Calibur 3 which needs a default EE speedhack if we want to see the menus, but then ingame it should help to switch to X2 or whatever else, and there are other examples).

Anyway, to test the best combo between speedhacks we have to quit the emulator, go to options, activate/deactivate the hack, execute the game, test, quit the emu blabla.. etc By a couple of buttons we could rapidly see what would be the best choice. Smile

But I think it may make the emulator unstable to switch ingame like that.. I don't know how it works, I hope it's possible with speedhacks that would be great ! Tongue
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
just use VUframeskip, it gives me 60fps in every game, and so far, hasn't been too annoying on the controls lag.
some games im running wont speed up with Vu, only speedhacks makes a difference.

(03-04-2009, 07:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: just use VUframeskip, it gives me 60fps in every game, and so far, hasn't been too annoying on the controls lag.
Thought about it...
no. Tongue2
(03-04-2009, 07:53 PM)Hi-Fi Wrote: some games im running wont speed up with Vu, only speedhacks makes a difference.

(03-04-2009, 07:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: just use VUframeskip, it gives me 60fps in every game, and so far, hasn't been too annoying on the controls lag.
Well, I use VU and EE1.5x so most have speed up for me to around 50-60 fps
as i see it, cycle hack is temporary, like all hacks. Why bother with with fancy stuff for temporary hacks? It will be obsolete eventually, no need to put more effort in it then it needs to.
If we have some time, we'll work a bit on less intrusive hacks like the new intc_stat one.
Those could then get such a feature, maybe. But I don't really like the idea of "advertising" a 75Mhz EE this way Tongue2