A way to configure settings for each individual game?
I was wondering if there was a way to configure the graphics settings, the various PS2 processor settings and what not to specific games and not have to tinker with the settings each and every time I try a new game and it proves to be too demanding/has graphical glitches/crashes/etc. like with the .ini files on Dolphin. Having done that with Dolphin just now, it makes going back and playing these games much more convenient than it used to be once I became aware of the feature.

It would be nice to have an interface as good as RPCS3's in this respect (I say that for both PCSX2 and Dolphin, btw), but, alas, PCSX2 seems to have enough trouble getting to a stable release of 1.5.0 these days AFAIK.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k, OC'ed to 4.2GHz with CRYORIG C7
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1866
GPU: GTX 1080 Founders Edition

Sponsored links

Tried spectabis ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-08-2018, 11:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Tried spectabis ?

I'm giving it a shot...but it doesn't let you toggle all of the various Emotion Engine settings like the Chop+Zero or the Clamp whatevers (it's been a while since I used PCSX2, and having to configure and look up a wiki for about every game I play that has something clearly wrong is part of the reason, no offense to the developers) that help some games function correctly. Also, the damn thing crashed on me twice, for reasons that have no clear explanation.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k, OC'ed to 4.2GHz with CRYORIG C7
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1866
GPU: GTX 1080 Founders Edition
Then you could just make a command line launch using inis.
Pcsx2bonus could be an alternative too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-08-2018, 12:29 PM)Flak Master Wrote: I'm giving it a shot...but it doesn't let you toggle all of the various Emotion Engine settings like the Chop+Zero or the Clamp whatevers (it's been a while since I used PCSX2, and having to configure and look up a wiki for about every game I play that has something clearly wrong is part of the reason, no offense to the developers) that help some games function correctly. Also, the damn thing crashed on me twice, for reasons that have no clear explanation.

Faith is still around, so if you crash try to provide as much details as you can in his topic, so he can maybe look at it and fix it.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
After setting things up the way you want them you can copy the ini files to a new directory, then create a shortcut of pcsx2.exe and use the "--cfgpath=" commandline on the shortcut to point to that directory.

Here is an example:
H:\Emulation\PS2\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1875-g23d081a-windows-x86\pcsx2.exe "H:\Emulation\PS2\ISO\Dragon Quest VIII.iso" --cfgpath="H:\Emulation\PS2\Configs\Dragon Quest VIII" --nogui
This boots immediately into the game using its specific config and without showing the PCSX2 window.
i7 6700k @4.5GHz | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit