AMD Phenom II X6?
Will I be able to get good performance with an AMD Phenom II X6 3.0??? I plan on buying that today. Right now I got a Athlon II X2 3.0 with frame around 40-60.

with games like...

Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy
Shadow of the colossus
God of War
Jax and daxter

Sponsored links

KH and FF should run fine. but SOTC, GOW and the J'n'D series really need some good intel per core to run that nice.
He doesnt need intel.

I'm running it with an amd athlon and getting 61-70 fps with the game
what game @fanof? and athlon Laugh at what clockrate? you're using the fake fps at vusteal 2 and slow gameplay? Wink

pcsx2 is a intel b*tch. it can run some games acceptable on amd but most of it is optimized for the other. on amd it still chills some cycles. mainstream or not. Wink
no! sorry not athlon i meant llano. idk how i did it. look at my build in my profile. I get 61 fps minimum inb KH2. i have a quad core with integrated amd hd radeon 6550 graphics. no speed hacks either.
(05-22-2012, 02:20 AM)xstyla Wrote: KH and FF should run fine. but SOTC, GOW and the J'n'D series really need some good intel per core to run that nice.

GOW just love MTVU don't worry and VU cycling is useable thank to ShadowLady in the latest SVN so that's is the least game he should worry about Wink

SOTC man i just didn't able to hit 60 FPS @ x3 native ( 4.5GHz OC ) my GPU really stinks Sad
it almost wont have any effect really because they are at the same clockspeed, unless your going to overclock the performance you get will be minimum.
an X6 is overkill for PCSX2, an X3 is enough as we only take advantage of 3 cores.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-22-2012, 10:58 AM)refraction Wrote: an X6 is overkill for PCSX2, an X3 is enough as we only take advantage of 3 cores.

You can also unlock a fourth core in that processor to make it a quad core
(05-22-2012, 12:56 PM)Fanoffemdom14 Wrote: You can also unlock a fourth core in that processor to make it a quad core

indeed, but it won't really help with pcsx2 Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]