AMD Phenom II X6?
(05-22-2012, 12:56 PM)Fanoffemdom14 Wrote: You can also unlock a fourth core in that processor to make it a quad core

Yeah thats what i was planning on doing.

Also i can over clock it to 3.60 or maybe high if that could help.

Sponsored links

(05-22-2012, 12:56 PM)Fanoffemdom14 Wrote: You may also unlock a fourth core in that processor to make it a quad core

ftfy.
lol. there's nothing to unlock on a x6 i think. or do they fabricate x8 with fused cores? i don't think so.

and the 4th on the x3 may not always unlock. it may be broken and they did cut the fuse on die. but if it does unlock it usually works. else they'd not sell a safe product. so yeah. Wink
(05-22-2012, 01:28 PM)refraction Wrote: indeed, but it won't really help with pcsx2 Smile

how come? doesnt pcxs2 take advantage of more than 2 cores on a processor?

(05-22-2012, 02:45 PM)naoan Wrote: ftfy.

wtf

(05-22-2012, 03:18 PM)xstyla Wrote: lol. there's nothing to unlock on a x6 i think. or do they fabricate x8 with fused cores? i don't think so.

and the 4th on the x3 may not always unlock. it may be broken and they did cut the fuse on die. but if it does unlock it usually works. else they'd not sell a safe product. so yeah. Wink

go on newegg look up 3 cored amd processor. youll see people unlocking a 4th one. but thats just from reviews
if you don't understand, let's leave it at that.

@OP
Buying an X3 doesn't necessarily mean you'd get an X4 for free, you also have to get the right mobo with the right bios and the right CPU batch.

Btw, are they still selling PII X3 today?
(05-22-2012, 06:58 PM)naoan Wrote: if you don't understand, let's leave it at that.

@OP
Buying an X3 doesn't necessarily mean you'd get an X4 for free, you also have to get the right mobo with the right bios and the right CPU batch.

Btw, are they still selling PII X3 today?

On new egg they are.

and i just wanna know what ftfy means. lol
ftfy = fixed that for you. naoan was refering to MAY unlock. actually the same what i said. if the 4th core broke while producing it will not unlock cause it's disabled by cutting the connections on the processors die. sometimes the core is intact and just some cache broke. those usually unlock too, but are meant to be called unstable. works but use at your own risc. so far.. this' explained.

why they still selling x3 i dunno. maybe just leftover of that half quality quads. sure they have to get them all out. Wink
@Fanoffemdom14:
That represent what? less than 1% who actually bought their X3? Have you tried googling success (and subsequently failure) story of X3 owner. Hell I own one, and it require downgrading my motherboard bios to get it have a chance to turn into an X4 (which I didn't do, I upgraded the BIOS instead to solve some issue).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FTFY

Btw, please don't take my post offensively, I have a hard time writing english and make it look nonchalant. Tongue2
(05-22-2012, 01:28 PM)refraction Wrote: indeed, but it won't really help with pcsx2 Smile

some members noticed that disabling extra cores give them ~3-4$ less in performance windows do share the load now but it is just more power consumption considering the gain Sad

just making it more accurate