AMD Quad 2.7ghz good for emulating?
Apparently i've been left to choose my Quad core pc for upgrades in terms of heavy duty pc gaming (like Assasins Creed Revelations and the like) however that doesn't mean i left the PCSX2 behind.. last i heard that it only requires atleast dual core cpu with a huge processing power to get good FPS and GFX, i was wondering if AMD Quad 2.7ghz is good enough? Unsure Unsure
[Image: TobiIsAGoodBoy.png]

Sponsored links

Intel + Nvidia = heavy duty pc gaming and great emulation.
AMDs are meh. They are cheaper than Intels, but Intels have a LOT more power behind them. You can still use an AMD quad core, but you won't get s good results.
yes but in terms of PC gaming AMDs tend to need less Processing requirements than INTEL does.. Intel DOUBLES it's processing requirement O.o
so what you guys are saying that using AMD regardless of processing power doesn't yield good results?
its always been that AMD go for the gruntier for lack of a better word CPU's - to accomplish this they often ignore or have terrible support for architectures like SSE

or releasing quad cores that essentially bottleneck into dual cores as they share important resources between cores

ive always thought of it as telling a big burly guy (who isnt too bright), and a geek to dig a hole, sure he might get a shovel, but the geek just went and got an excavator and has a whole quarry....
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(10-08-2012, 09:35 AM)dark_blitz Wrote: yes but in terms of PC gaming AMDs tend to need less Processing requirements than INTEL does.. Intel DOUBLES it's processing requirement O.o
so what you guys are saying that using AMD regardless of processing power doesn't yield good results?

Wha? That made no sense. AMDs may have lower requirements, but you pay in terms of quality. And Intel may have higher requirements, but you get better results.

And yes, AMD doesn't usually produce results comparable to Intels. It is like comparing a Sedan to a Ferrari; the sedan works fine, but the Ferrari has raw power.
okay then i might consider buying intel instead. thanks for the tips Smile