ATHLON II AND PHENOM II SSE 3 & 4 Detection
Dont know if this is relevent but these proccessers support sse3 and 4a instruction sets, will future support for this be added?

appoligys if this is the wrong place to ask im new..
[Edit]
Sorry after reading the relation of plugins to the emulator i realise it would be up to those individual authors to do this , please delete the post mod if your about. ty

Sponsored links

No, SSE3 and 4a do NOT contain any instructions helpful to emulating a PS2 so there is no reason to write any plugins designed for them.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Definitely not a bug report, moved...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-22-2009, 08:57 AM)Koji Wrote: No, SSE3 and 4a do NOT contain any instructions helpful to emulating a PS2 so there is no reason to write any plugins designed for them.
Then why the heck is the GSDX plugins that use SSE4 much faster for my computer than the 2 and 3 version?
( yes, the GSDX has the same version for all, with the respective SSE's enabled, but still it's the same version ).
CPU : Intel i7-2600K
GPU : nVidia Geforce GTX 970
RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3
PCSX2 : Constantly changing.
Eh... current SSE4 GSdx uses SSE4.1 not SSE4a, your CPU has SSE4.1 which actually has some useful instructions for PCSX2 while SSE4a doesnt as Koji mentioned (also it's not 2 and 3 version it's SSE2 and SSSE3 which is different to SSE3). But no it shouldnt be much faster everywhere just on some games/scenes but not always, if you have one that performs like that well enjoy it Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64