ATIorNVIDIA
(08-20-2009, 11:20 PM)AtiorNvidia Wrote: I want the configuration last two years without changing too.

Well for PCSX2 it doesn't matter to "buy for the future", since PCSX2 itself will only get faster in time. As for other software, I'd gander any quad core CPU will be sufficient for 2+ years, although you may need a video card upgrade along the way. Reason is, most software has trouble still effectively using 2-3 cores, let alone all four. So a quad today won't realize it maximum potential until the software of a year or so from now comes out.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

And if not a general point of view and from a PCSX2, as you advise me?.
Direct X11 cards are coming soon, maybe as soon as a few weeks for ATI. The 5670 is expected to perform in between the 4850 and the 4870, it would have lower power usage because it is on 40nm, and it is expected to be cheap and it will have Direct X11 so you'd be set for a longer amount of time.
Is it therefore better to take the intel?.

The QUAD Q9550 or E8400?.

Should the OC for 60 FPS Constant FF12 during invocations?.
As long as they don't add a new shader model.. Current cards will be able to work with DX11 - 4870x2 and the like..
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
I meant at Proco ...

But I see you have a Phenom, do you turn FFXII is a constant 60 fps?.
If your only goal right now is PCSX2 gaming, then get the E8400 and overclock it. If you want something that will handle future and current general PC stuff, get the Q9550.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.