ATIorNVIDIA
I used to use ATI tray tools. It is just that it is an absolute annoyance to use on Vista 64 because of driver signing enforcment. Plus it messed up the rain in GTA 4. That's probably my fault though even though I don't recall even changing many settings but the ones available in CCC.

Sponsored links

One thing to note with ATi, is you might want to keep a copy of the 1398 plugin handy. The majority of the time the newest revisions work fine, but there are the occasional odd case where there are slowdowns... but 1398 seems to fix that.
Does someone have already tried a Sapphire 4800 series FF12 without CPU limited and could tell me whatSmile?.
Man, every time Air posts I learn about a dozen more things about how computers do stuff.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Just word of caution about the Catalyst 9.8 drivers ... they seem to be great for PC games and CPU depending settings(or so the release notes say), but for some reason it simply sucks for PCSX2. DX9 is the same as before, more or less, but DX10 simply dropped speed a lot to DX9 levels unfortunately.( FFX intro with the weapons on the grass, went from 90 fps to 81 and FFXII first zone where you can control Reks went from 67 fps to 55 ... ).

HD3850 here, on Windows 7 RC
Yeah I heard they introduced the bug that caused slowdown in HD3800 cards a long time ago again, I thought it was gonna be fixed in the final release of the drivers. It's a shame that this happens with drivers sometimes better performance at the expense of old bugs but well cant speak high of nvidia's drivers greatly either... lately they dont seem to be able to get them right for everyone since the 182 series, those ones were great for many with exceptions but after too many people with too many problems :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've had 0 issue with any drivers past 182. What have some users been complaining about?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Plenty stuff, 185 didnt have correct anisotropic filtering in many games for some users and AO caused glitches, 186 was a fix for just some cards for it and after a certain 186.xx number card began having problems with fans, 190 brought performance/stutter and in some cases very very slow performance even with clean installations or just upgraded ones, 190 also have plenty of problem with 2d/3d speeds and all drivers after a certain date started giving trouble for just some series of cards with auto fan-speed control as it wouldnt slow down from it's highest (like you know normally cards with auto fan speed, the fan speed would stay at like 25-40% when not used much and would go 70%+ when being used sometimes and then go back depending how much it was being used but the problem with this drivers is it stays at the max it got without going down), there's also the Alt+tab issue which ofc doesnt affect everybody but affects enough people to make it a big deal and i'm sure i'm forgetting some stuff... I think 186 or 190 introduced also crashing when going out from games but affects even less users.

Funny thing is all of this came along with new features that people actually like but it's still problematic if you want the new features and still want stable drivers, of course this doesnt affect everybody and many people may not even encounter any of this but that doesnt mean they work great for everybody Tongue

Oh some of the 190 drivers also dont work very well with forcing AA thru profiles like sometimes they work sometimes not and sometimes you can only force by using the global profile and not the game ones, and people who use the nhancer app gets more problems with profiles but this one is mostly needing a nhancer upgrade I think.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
A simple question

Does a quad core 9550 with a non OC 4850 can run a 60 fps FF12 everywhere ingame?

Otherwise how was oc?
"Does a quad core 9550 with a non OC 4850 can run a 60 fps FF12 everywhere ingame?"

That would definitely, definitely run FF XII at 60 Hz.

I have a E8400 @ 3.3 GHz and 9800 GTX 512 MB, I can run FF XII at 1920x1080p with no slowdowns ever.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh