AVX 2 Issues
Hi everyone, i would like to ask about the GSDx AVX2 Plugin. When i want to choose it, it won't show on the plugin selector eventhough the GSdx32-AVX2.dll is on the Plugin folder. So any help?

Error Log:
Code:
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\Samuel Adi\Downloads\Compressed\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-498-ga99750a-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\Samuel Adi\Downloads\Compressed\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-498-ga99750a-windows-x86\plugins\GSdx32-AVX2.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)

Sponsored links

It should just mean your CPU doesn't support AVX2, though the actual error code looks a little odd.
You most likely don't have a CPU with the AVX2 extension (Haswell or newer for Intel, non-existent for AMD desktop CPUs),
(03-29-2016, 12:51 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It should just mean your CPU doesn't support AVX2, though the actual error code looks a little odd.
(03-29-2016, 12:51 PM)Eloris Wrote: You most likely don't have a CPU with the AVX2 extension (Haswell or newer for Intel, non-existent for AMD desktop CPUs),

Thankyou both of you for the quick reply! Laugh. Yeah, seems like it because my processor is still on ivy bridge. Anyway case closed then! Laugh
Admin, you can lock the thread Smile
(03-29-2016, 12:51 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It should just mean your CPU doesn't support AVX2, though the actual error code looks a little odd.

I think turtleli changed the error message to something different. I do remember him committing some code like that. (Maybe ?)
Yes he did. The problem was that pcsx2 always threw 'kinda plugin error' without specifying which one. And the additional dump of the error always showed 'no error' or 'success' as the error message was already overwritten. turtleli disabled the useless 'kinda plugin error' message and showed instead the proper wxwidgets error for the plugin loading. Unfortunately
Quote:error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d
isn't exactly what I would call helpful.

But now you can directly see the positive effect as the dev9 plugin shows a different error than the avx2 plugin - as expected due to different origins. Before both just showed 'kinda plugin error'+'success'
I think the "issue" comes from GPU code. A GSVector8 is allocated on a static area which mean the global constructor requires AVX2 instructions.