AVX
A moment ago I tried to compile with avx enabled. In term of performances I did not really have full measurement but it seems to be slightly faster on some FMV at least(FFX-2 begining for example).
On the more important side maybe, stability, I offloaded the test to a friend, and did some myself(Dark Chronicle, FFX-2/XII, MGS2 between others) , no bugs/crashes seem to be introduced by that... So... I guess more important tests would be the best now...
Laptop: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU :Core i3-3217U @ 1.8Ghz
GPU: intel HD4000
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
Desktop: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU : Core i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz
GPU : Nvidia GTX 770 OC Gigabyte
8GO Ram dual channel DDR3-1600 Mhz

Sponsored links

AVX is only for software mode usable...
I almost never see any crashes independent on the plugin...
Did you fix compilation issue with AVX on GSdx? Or did you only enable AVX on the compiler?

Edit: I pushed a branch that enable all capabilities of the CPU used for the building
I only compiled with AVX on the compiler, and then did some testing(yeah I just played a lot in fact haha, I can add DMC3 special edition to my list of working games. I can try to see for gsdx compiling issue... But I have good amount of work at the moment sadly... Hardly any time left except from that and "real life".
If assembly is directly used, it's quite possible that the problem comes from the standard with which you compile your code(happens to me multiple time that one, seems recent one have some crappy restrictions everywhere).
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
Actually it was MSVC template extension. I open a pull request to support AVX on the future:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/333

Edit: branch was merged today
I see that you have problem with the abi option? I tried it, on archlinux, and actually it works... No problem at compile time or launch. However, I don't have an "avx" option for GSdx, I guess the "sse2" is overwritten with it? I do compile with fabi(I redid the exact changes you did to be sure). What's the version of your distro? Wheezy? Maybe some of their package are compiled with outdated compiler? I am on gcc 4.9.2...
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
It is not an issue of the compiler but of wxWidget which check abi compatibility. I don't know if there is any impact on shared library behavior so I disabled it for the moment. Potentially it would be safer to enable the new abi on only gsdx rather than the all project.

You can easily check AVX support when you select the plugin
OK, found why it's not there, I forgot to remove the ON to disable lalalalala... Smile building now.

EDIT: Yay, it crashed Smile
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
I solved the two first errors when not setting any abi, just add a default argument does the trick. Change mangling and hourra. However I can not do that for the = overload... I am short of idea for tricks on that one... And changing types seems hard to do... At least I don't know enough about the whole project for that....
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
Did you try to change only the abi on GSdx?