About Video Capturing
Greetings

I like to ask about the video capture function in the pcsx2 emu

recently I've tried using the video capturing function in the emulator
by pressing F12, the video capturing quality is fine and runs in full speed even the framerate of the game isn't that good, but it doesn't produce
any sounds, is there any way to record the game that will include the audio output along with the video, I am currently testing the recorded videos in
the VLC Media player and it does'nt produce sounds. Any help and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored links

Sound is saved as a .wav file in the same directory.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
I can see the .wav file in the directory but it doesn't support the video to produce the audio maybe is it because the .wav file and the video file is in
two different folders? because when i record the video using the emulator I
save the video file in a different folder directory and the .wav file appears in the pcsx2 folder each time I record the video , well that's how I see it though
put it in the same folder then...
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
I wouldn't particularly recommend recording using PCSX2. I usually use Hypercam, but you can even use VirtualDub's capture feature with a screen capture codec.

If they're separate files you'll have to transcode and mux them together. VirtualDub would work for that.

Oh, and if you want to know the best encoders for your resulting video... use XviD, DivX or H.264 as x264 (Get FFDShow for all the encoders and decoders. It's x264 is amazing and even works good for realtime encoding)
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(09-05-2010, 08:11 AM)Blue Lightning 21 Wrote: the video capturing quality is fine and runs in full speed even the framerate of the game isn't that good
its alittille bit complicated so here is ashort explation
the video will be at full speed because it saved the video capturing dosent take second by second it take 60 fbs by 60 fbs

If u use the PCSX2 built-in recorders, you will have to put the video and audio together since it creates a separate file for each. You can use some alternate programs like HyperCam or FRAPs to capture your gameplay, just keep in mind that the game has to run at 60fps+, if below it, the video will be capture with the same framerate making it seem slow.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
(09-06-2010, 07:04 AM)Master_DX Wrote: If u use the PCSX2 built-in recorders, you will have to put the video and audio together since it creates a separate file for each. You can use some alternate programs like HyperCam or FRAPs to capture your gameplay, just keep in mind that the game has to run at 60fps+, if below it, the video will be capture with the same framerate making it seem slow.

Yeah, putting them together in the same container is muxing, doing the reverse of that is demuxing (like if you wanted to take an AAC or MP3 out of an .MP4 file)

Fraps isn't very good for capturing PCSX2 unless you have a fast hard drive with a lot of space and a CPU with at least 3 cores. I can use Hypercam 2 with DivX, XviD or x264 in FFDshow with minimal speed impact (maybe 10-12 FPS out of 40-50)
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
(09-06-2010, 07:04 AM)Master_DX Wrote: You can use some alternate programs like HyperCam or FRAPs to capture your gameplay, just keep in mind that the game has to run at 60fps+, if below it, the video will be capture with the same framerate making it seem slow.

Another option I do is check the min speed of the game while recording and then set the fps limit based on the min speed (usually 29.97 fps for me since I will never be able to record and play full speed). Once I'm done recording, just use a program to double (triple or quadruple if you can't reach 50%) the playback rate. Just make sure the audio synchronizing mode is set to time stretch or you will have skips. It is also a good idea to check the audio to make sure it sped up properly and the characters don't sound like chipmunks (Adobe Premiere did that to me but exporting the audio to Adobe Soundbooth and speeding it up there worked perfectly Mellow ).
(09-05-2010, 01:56 PM)abdo123 Wrote:
(09-05-2010, 08:11 AM)Blue Lightning 21 Wrote: the video capturing quality is fine and runs in full speed even the framerate of the game isn't that good
its alittille bit complicated so here is ashort explation
the video will be at full speed because it saved the video capturing dosent take second by second it take 60 fbs by 60 fbs

thanks, mastered the recording now! just merge the video and sound files in a video converter! and it totally worked!