About Xenosaga
Hi, is there anyone playing the second or third games in the SVN betas?

I'd like to know if the games are running better in those revisions, as the third game is the only game I'm currently playing, but there are some graphical problems, mostly with postprocessing effects, and long as hell "freezes" when there's a lot of heavy graphics on-screen (I have to use the software renderer at those zones, this problem becomes worst if I use 3x scaling or more, and even worst if I use msaa).

I'm using r1888 and latest plugins pack ATM.

Sponsored links

Finished all perfectly with 1888, the graphic problems are mostly on XS III (DX9 works better sometimes). XS I has other kind of slowdowns compared to KS III, you need a very good CPU for that one. XS II & XS III should be OK speed wise with "allow 8-bit textures" enabled.

About the SVN betas, XS III and probably XS II too should be faster on the SVN but there's not really much to do to improve XS I slowdowns Tongue

And yeah, using using high internal resolution and MSAA on slow games doesn't help either Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I reach between 42-60 fps in Xenosaga III Smile. Also Windows Seven x64 helps Smile. of course I'm playing in native resolution, If I increase the resolution the game lose fps (a lot)
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(05-13-2010, 03:57 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: XS II & XS III should be OK speed wise with "allow 8-bit textures" enabled.
Even if I use an ATI?

Quote:And yeah, using using high internal resolution and MSAA on slow games doesn't help either Tongue

It's not exactly a slowdown, most of the time, it's like my whole computer freezes, but yeah, it slowing down is common.

EDIT: Actually, ticking "Allow 8 bit textures" on, seems to have solved the freezing, as I can go to the Elsa's hangar and watch the Gears without everything slowing down to a crawl. I have yet to play more with this on, I'll probably test around the devastated Miltia later.
(05-14-2010, 02:25 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 03:57 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: XS II & XS III should be OK speed wise with "allow 8-bit textures" enabled.
Even if I use an ATI?

I don't see why not? :P
3 is the game with the most graphical problems (sometimes too dark with dx10, but slow with dx9; some scenes only watchable in software mode; slowdowns during anima), 2 runs best with almost nothing to cry about and 1 has some slowdowns during awgs fights (only use 1.5 speedhack!)

btw, i also had some glowing errors during the cutscenes which i solved by accident
i loaded gsdx 1873 in dx11, went back to 2693 and was able to tick additional options, afterwards dx10 again
probably an .ini bug, but it helped
Windows Seven 32 - Duo Core @ 3.0 ghz - 4gb RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Sound Blaster X-Fi
(05-13-2010, 09:53 PM)Butz_san Wrote: I reach between 42-60 fps in Xenosaga III Smile. Also Windows Seven x64 helps Smile. of course I'm playing in native resolution, If I increase the resolution the game lose fps (a lot)

from my experience and from what i read in the forums here i dont think win 7 helps. it gives the same results with xp or vista (with xp being the faster one in dx9 from all 3).
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Completely confirmed. Turning "Allow 8 bit textures" on, fixed all my "freezing" problems, I didn't get a single freeze, not even at Miltia after the disaster, and I could even turn the scaling to 3x mantaining the 2x msaa on, looks beautiful. I could finally finish the game without problems now, thanks for that tip, Shadow Lady.
No problem. That option was made initially for XSII/III anyway Tongue