Accurate Blending is tanking the FPS big time
I am coming from an older version of pcsx2 where High was saying
"High (Recommended high-end PC)"
and I though my gaming laptop is high-end enough but I guess not(or maybe there is something wrong with the option)

In Gran Turismo 4(PAL) when you are looking at a car in the garage spinning,the fps drops by a lot while you see the whole car and jumps by ~40fps while looking at the back\front

80-95 Side to 120+ Front\Back while using anything lower than High
25-30 side to 50-60 front\back while using High or anything above(there is no difference)

50fps+ difference between medium and high

i7-6700HQ,GTX1060

I am using the latest beta and with default settings(except mtvu is enabled and the scaling is set to 3x)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

OGL HW aswell right?
For this, I've set it to anywhere from None up to Medium at the most. I've gotten the same exact problem in both the US and the Japanese version of Gran Turismo 4. I also thought that my PC can handle High, but apparently it can't.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(04-19-2019, 09:54 PM)StriFe Wrote: OGL HW aswell right?

DX don't have AB so yes,OGL HW(as shown on the images)
(04-19-2019, 10:05 PM)vsub Wrote: DX don't have AB so yes,OGL HW(as shown on the images)

there is a wip build on appveyor that has AB on DX. https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/y2...ppVeyor.7z

its wip so no idea if it is even implemented correctly yet or if it is faster but you can try it I suppose. or if Im not allowed to post it mods can delete it of course.
All your % (EE, GU, VU) are higher when your running at 162% speed, which makes sense, but what I am curious is what is your actual CPU and GPU load and clocks between the 2 settings?

Basically is it actually running your physical hardware any harder when you set blending up to high and wht parts of it is being stressed if it us? Or is something non hardware related causing the massive fps drop.
Unfortunately it's not a bug. Garage and screens where a vehicle are shown will always have this problem besides more powerful hardware.
This is why I changed the list/removed the high end part, most of the time Basic is enough unless a specific game requires higher mode. Higher level of blending can be quite gpu intensive.

Quote:there is a wip build on appveyor that has AB on DX.
its wip so no idea if it is even implemented correctly yet or if it is faster but you can try it I suppose. or if Im not allowed to post it mods can delete it of course.
It only brings some features partially to DX.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I guess it's because it's more intense to emulate those areas as opposed to emulating other parts of the game. It's also interesting that Gran Turismo 3, 4 Prologue and demo disks based on 4 Prologue isn't as intense with graphics as opposed to Gran Turismo 4. The graphical differences isn't that large.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
GT4 is a weird one because it loves to absolutely destroy the GS. But only in certain areas.

High Blending Unit Accuracy will make the car previews slow to oblivion, I can't be sure but I think this is because of some fancy lighting they do. It isn't nearly as destructive in races (and actually fixes a lot of shimmer glitches in races). There really isn't anything that can be done here, the reality is that emulating the blending unit is simply a very costly task for the GPU and the lower accuracy levels cut corners to make it more sensible.