Ace Combat 04 hardware mode - any fixes for the non-mipmapping graphics issues?
Now that PCSX2 can into hardware mipmapping (in the dev builds), which works marvelously incidentally (although apparently at a mild framerate cost, in my case?), are there any DX11 hardware mode fixes for the other hardware rendering issues with 04? 5 and Zero work perfectly; it's just 04.

Hangar area is almost completely black - as the plane models in the hangar rotate, they drag behind this thick grey-black fog-looking stuff that basically renders the entire hangar screen black other than the menu options themselves - and the player-only plane models are completely black in actual gameplay. These are known issues on the wiki, but the fix was generally just to play the game in software render in HUD-only mode (which manages to maintain decent framerates). 

Apparently OpenGL hardware mode fixes some of these issues, but given that I'm running an AMD card, that's not a particularly viable solution.

Specs, for the sake of completeness:

Intel i5 4590 @4x3.7GHz
AMD R9 270X
16GB DDR3-1600
Windows 8.1 Pro
PCSX2 dev build g8fdf973 (from last night)

Will provide screenshots if need be.

Sponsored links

No, there won't be an improvement for those issues for the Direct3D rendererers any time soon.

Your CPU should run software mode comfortably at full speed though.
(10-20-2016, 09:41 PM)FlatOut Wrote: No, there won't be an improvement for those issues for the Direct3D rendererers any time soon.

MipMapping works on D3D11 though
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-20-2016, 09:44 PM)refraction Wrote: MipMapping works on D3D11 though
Yes, but if you read the first post you'll notice he's asking about the other remaining issues.
Oh those, yeh can't help Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-20-2016, 09:41 PM)FlatOut Wrote: No, there won't be an improvement for those issues for the Direct3D rendererers any time soon.

As long as I stay in HUD view, yes. Significant slowdown outside of that though, which is, yknow, bad for a flight sim.

Anyway. Okay, I was wondering if there was like an option somewhere I was missing. RIP. Was really hoping I could join the glorious 4x upscaling 1080P master race.  Sad

Still can in Five and Zero though, so it's all good.
(10-20-2016, 09:27 PM)AnonymousPepper Wrote: Apparently OpenGL hardware mode fixes some of these issues, but given that I'm running an AMD card, that's not a particularly viable solution.

(10-20-2016, 10:07 PM)AnonymousPepper Wrote: Anyway. Okay, I was wondering if there was like an option somewhere I was missing. RIP. Was really hoping I could join the glorious 4x upscaling 1080P master race.  Sad

I'm afraid master race is limited to Nvidia currently (and it is a shame)
(10-21-2016, 11:06 AM)gregory Wrote: I'm afraid master race is limited to Nvidia currently (and it is a shame)
And you can fix it. Tongue2
Mirh opens a bug report on AMD. And they found a basic optimization when SSO is enabled, so maybe it would be less slow in the future (+6 months).

(the optimization is don't update all stages when only a single stage is updated)