Ace Combat 4: Choppy camera panning and sun issue
Hey guys,

So I just grabbed the latest build of PCSX2 and loaded up Ace Combat 04 and it's been a blast so far playing one of my favorite PS2 games on my PC.

It looks and runs great but I've noticed the camera pans a little choppily. It's been ages since I've played it on PS2 though, was it like this on the PS2 or is this an issue on my end?

CPU: i5-6500k at 4.4ghz

Ram: 32gb DDR4-3000mhz

GPU: Evga GTX 970

SSD: 1TB Crucial BX100

Basic MipMapping Support enabled, CRC Hack Level None and the Align Sprites hack enabled per the wiki. This is using the OpenGL hardware renderer. This is at 4x resolution. I've noticed this at 1x, and other resolutions as well.

PCSX2 reports my speed as 100% the whole time and the gameplay feels smooth, just the camera is a bit choppy when panning. 

I also get a weird negative-camera looking color effect on the sun when looking at it. Not a big deal but an odd one.

Any tips or insight appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Figured it out! I set the Speedhacks Preset to 1 and the camera pans like it should!

Sponsored links

Did you enable any speedhacks, cheats or widescreen patches?
(12-19-2016, 01:34 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Did you enable any speedhacks, cheats or widescreen patches?

For speedhacks it's at the default 2(safer) preset. No cheats and no widescreen patch. I've been playing at 4:3 aspect ratio.
(12-19-2016, 04:03 AM)Maddoxk6709 Wrote: I also get a weird negative-camera looking color effect on the sun when looking at it. Not a big deal but an odd one.

Any tips or insight appreciated, thank you.

for the sun, try going into software mode during gameplay, then back into hardware mode right away during that same gameplay session.  should work then
(12-21-2016, 06:30 PM)wheninrome Wrote: for the sun, try going into software mode during gameplay, then back into hardware mode right away during that same gameplay session.  should work then

That does the trick for the sun issue, thanks!