Ace Combat 5 - Almost there!
So, I decided to put my PAL copy of AC5 to a test in PCSX2...I did not expect much, possibly a crash during the intro (like the list says) but in fact, I was able to get ingame!

Issues:
-using custom internal res or scaling will yield in black, vertical lines all over the screen
-the groundtextures are totally glitched and cause slowdown
-videos and FMV sequences tend to hang, go black with sound etc. That's why I can only play Arcade mode and not campaign
-Minor: major screen shaking without interlacing. Bob tff fixes this.

Speed:
-AC5 benefits from allowing 8-bit textures, at least for me
-recommended speed hacks work safely, as far as I played
-speed is okay, however the glitched ground textures cause slow downs
-this game seems to be more GPU than CPU dependant

Configuration:
-GSDX (it's the newest GSDX from the update pack)
-Emulation settings (clamp etc) normal, speedhacks only the recommended ones

Screens in attachment

I hope that this game (along with other Ace Combat games) becomes playable with further versions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU

Sponsored links

-Ace Combat Zero-
Allmost same thing.
I got the brand spanken new Beta PCSX2 0.9.7.3113.
Set it up and every thing looks like its ok.
So i start up my (Back up) copy of Ace Combat Zero.
Starts off smooth as silk and i set everything up for campaign then when the first movie sceen starts it shows the first 3 sec of video and stops. The audio keeps going though. I waited it out but when the audio stoped nothing happened and i hand no controle.
I am currently using the latest beta version of the emulator to play Ace Combat 5.

The biggest issue is the inability to hit certain targets in air and all Navel/Ground targets, and ground textures glitch when not infocus, other then that Gamespeed is at 60 FPS and i can watch the ingame cutscenes with no problem.

If the issue with the inabillity to hit certain targets would be fixed the game would work great as all missions run at 60 fps. tried it myself by using a savegame.
So I tried AC5 with the latest Beta and unfortunately, nothing has changed. Ground is still glitched and causes slowdown, some targets are still indestructible and the cutscenes/FMVs still freeze emulation.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU