Ace Combat 5 is still not playable on 0.9.8.
Nah that's ok, this game is pretty enjoyable to play anyway;3, added v3 to the same post previous version was, which should skip patching of XB-0(and hope only;p).

Sponsored links

what video card you guys have ? Because in mine it isnt freaking working Sad
i guess the graphics card shouldn't matter. plain from the thread title and some logic, i guess the question is what version of pcsx2 and perhaps what hacks you are using? the latest svn with some standard hacks should be fine running that on every reasonable fresh hardware.
Yes im using last version from the svn, tried all things in video settings, hacks, and other hacks as well.
Same issue.
Fps below 60 and lag.
ehh... yeah... if that's your problem... software mode tends to be slower, but it is fully rendering everything... right? this is absolutely correct technically. i dunno what magic u expect there. and i guess if you run it in hardware mode... you have full frames but that mipmap glitch right? this what i meant. it is basicly working... right?
Can't seem to get the patcher to work for AC5. I press the Activate button and it says "wrong game" then "attaching" and my missiles won't hit the TGT bombers in mission 4 (First Flight).
Attaching means it awaits till you run the emulator. So basically doesn't detect it, check "AC5ZPP.ini" file created in the same dir the patcher is and change "pcsx2.exe" to whatever your pcsx2 executable is named. I didn't added an automatic search based on string nor an manual open process list as this patcher is very minimalistic;p.
Yep, that did it, cheers
In Ace Combat 5, mission 7, there is another issue similar to the one I reported in Zero, but simply disabling the patcher doesn't work. The issue is that the patcher is necessary during the first part of the mission because without it you cannot hit the bigger boats and progress. The problem is that in the second part of the mission I am not able to hit the submarine (consisting of multiple targets just like the XB-0) at all. I tried disabling the patcher before the submarine cutscene plays and it did not work. Here's a save file if you can take a look at it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jo8uh...Mcd001.ps2

Thanks.
I'll have to get a savestate for AC5 problem;p, don't have the game so normal save doesn't give me anything ~_~.

Edit: or I guess I might do it without, since AC5 actually stores exact correct names of objects near the aob, in opposite to ACZ which has a one big mess there @_@. I'll just skip patching for "SCINFAXI" and "HRIMFAXI" as I checked the sub name is(I guess the latter is in other mission?);3, and it should(probably) work. brb with edit;p
v4 released skips patching of "SCINFAXI" and "HRIMFAXI" names. If it doesn't work, I'll need that savestate;p since I googled for the name not 100% sure if game stores it like that, but apparently from all I saw AC5 has very clean and organized memory with exact objects names, so it's a very high chance it willTongue.
Oh btw are there any other "HUGE" planes/ships/subs/mechs/I_have_no_clue with multiply targets on them in AC5?Tongue I could just skip patching of them knowing names since it seems they work correctly as a ruleTongue.