Ace Combat 5 is still not playable on 0.9.8.
Well, I had the same problems that you mentioned before, and it discourage me a lot. Yet I kept playing and by accident I discovered something interesting.

Some cinema shots does work and others freeze the video.

And about the invinsible ships/planes, I found out that you can actually destroy them with the Falke`s secondary weapon (the laser beam). Haven`t tested yet with other secondary weapons.

I am using a laptop and my settings are:
GPU: Nvidia GT 420m
CPU: Intel i5 M560 2.66GHz
RAM: 4Ghz DDR3

Using 0.9.8 r4600. GSD10 with Direct3d11 Hardware. Everything else is as you advice on this threat.

Sponsored links

Unless someone has a cheat that unlocks the Falken, you need to actually play the game to get it...

EDIT: About the compatibility list, Ace Combat Zero has the same problems this game does as well.
(05-14-2011, 09:41 PM)n3wb5un173d Wrote: Unless someone has a cheat that unlocks the Falken, you need to actually play the game to get it...

EDIT: About the compatibility list, Ace Combat Zero has the same problems this game does as well.

Well, you can always download a complete save file from gamefaq and load the game with it.

But yeah, basically only playable with the Falken. Biggrin

Doh! I completely forgot about uploaded saves.

Thanks for the heads up about the Falken though!
When this is going to be finally fixed?? Every new version i waiting only for this one game and everytime its same, NOT PLAYABLE:/ So please, please! Do finally something with this!
It's now put on the official list of games that we won't fix.
Good job! Tongue2
Why would you do that? Did i say something wrong? If you think so, i didn't mean it that way, i apologize... i mean i only want my favorite game finally up and running again after so many yearsSad And iam sure, lots of folks here too. So please, dont give up on this excelent game!
i think he is joking
i hope Unsure
Just a slight reminder that we work on this in our spare time.
We fix whatever seems interesting at a time and it just so happens that no one cared about this game yet.

But hey, that's why PCSX2 is open source. You can fix your game, too! Smile
He means they fix something on emulator but they don't know which game exactly will be fixed.