Ace Combat 5 is still not playable on 0.9.8.
I mean, Ace Combat is one of my favorite videogame franchises of all-time. I've bought them all for the PS2 and I certainly wouldn't mind spending some more to make them playable on my decent PC now with even better graphics, since Bamco won't make an HD remake.

In any case, I will be eagerly waiting for the PCSX2 team to come up with a solution.

Sponsored links

(07-13-2013, 03:52 AM)enderx30 Wrote: I mean, Ace Combat is one of my favorite videogame franchises of all-time. I've bought them all for the PS2 and I certainly wouldn't mind spending some more to make them playable on my decent PC now with even better graphics, since Bamco won't make an HD remake.

In any case, I will be eagerly waiting for the PCSX2 team to come up with a solution.

I read somewhere that the devs use their free time to make this and none of them have interest for ace combat. So we are just sitting here Tongue

I would help but i dont know C/C++ and im kinda busy with Java Projects.I will only have time in 2015, when college finishes.
Maybe I can create a group funding project to persuade (read: pay) the devs to work on this? Though it might be a stretch because I don't think many people are willing to part with their money for something like this.
Dont waste your time
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(07-13-2013, 07:55 AM)enderx30 Wrote: Maybe I can create a group funding project to persuade (read: pay) the devs to work on this? Though it might be a stretch because I don't think many people are willing to part with their money for something like this.

I think the big problem would be that the pay would have to equal a full working salary to be worth it. I doubt any of the devs would be willing to give up more of their free time for what would essentially become a second job (they have families, hobbies, etc that all require time as well).

The only other option then would be to pay them to work on the emu full time, which I'm sure any/all of them would probably enjoy... but you have to understand that the people working on this aren't your low pay-grade types. These are highly skilled software engineers who are capable of reverse engineering an entirely closed platform, implement that hardware on different hardware via software on PCs (IE emulate), and then write full recompilers for said emulator. That doesn't take into account either all of the tools and other software they've made for the project as well. Both x86, and PS2 software (to analyze how the PS2 handles certain situations, etc)

Multiply that by the amount of devs currently working on the emu (bonus points if you can pay enough to get Air and Cotton back on board as well), then multiply it again over the course of years it would take to "complete" the emu, and you're looking at a cost that donations alone would probably never come close to reaching Smile
[Image: 2748844.png]
If that can be fixed as described on the japanese movie(and it surely can as I remember fixing some broken stuff similar way myself;p), you could just make a trainer with Cheat Engine that would automatically search for the stuff to replace in memory, similary to some of my lua scripts flying around like ico ws patcher or sparking trainer;p. Hell if the addresses were constant at least through same missions, or had pointers to them(and somebody would fix the pnach pointer code type ~ surely easier than fixing the emulation bug itself;p) it could even be made as pnach file. In other words, instead of wishful thinking for someone else to fix it, learn how to by yourself since apparantly it doesn't require any coding and even less ps2 knowledge.
(07-13-2013, 09:43 AM)miseru99 Wrote: If that can be fixed as described on the japanese movie(and it surely can as I remember fixing some broken stuff similar way myself;p), you could just make a trainer with Cheat Engine that would automatically search for the stuff to replace in memory, similary to some of my lua scripts flying around like ico ws patcher or sparking trainer;p. Hell if the addresses were constant at least through same missions, or had pointers to them(and somebody would fix the pnach pointer code type ~ surely easier than fixing the emulation bug itself;p) it could even be made as pnach file. In other words, instead of wishful thinking for someone else to fix it, learn how to by yourself since apparantly it doesn't require any coding and even less ps2 knowledge.

Seems a smooth idea.
Do you think i can mess that with java? Maybe i can make some app that keeps searching those memory spots and switching... Shouldnt be that hard.
Or maybe i can go just script-way.
Ok, i will create the god damn Script. I found a way to make it in java.

So, since the freaking video is in chinese, can anyone Describe the Solution for me, and maybe with examples so i can start coding already ? Plus, you have the link for the video again?

Btw, i dont want that PCSX2 Devs be mad at me, i just want to play ace combat and record to youtube. I have Ps2 Original Laugh
It's not Chinese... it's Japanese ~_~, and from what I understand the addresses are assigned on the beginning of each mission, and they'll if I understand it correctly differ each game even for same mission. Dunno why you want to mess with java, but you'll have to use cheat engine or similar program anyway to find what you want to patch in the first place. You could just find it on your own knowing already it can be fixed that way without even looking at that japanese movie(I read only the description under it since it requires registering or some or some silly fakebook account which I don't have). And the link is like previous page or so?;p ~ http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20300352

For the idea how to fix it, if I had the game I would just find a good unique array of bytes around the addresses of planes I have to change(could be far, it would just have to be same distance each time) or find an address which points to other we can calculate planes addresses from then also find some address which always have different values between missions but stays same during mission. With that I would write a memory patcher in cheat engine which would run an aob scan searching for the plane addresses to correct or calculate it with a pointer address each time that the last address ~ pointing we started different mission, changes it's value.
So basically in short, just 3 steps:
- find a way to get addresses each mission,
- find an address which changed value during each mission,
- create an app which will patch those buggy planes as we need for every mission or if possible write an advanced pnach* doing it.

And voila ~ unfixable game "fixed";p.

*most likely pnach fix would be impossible right now since only basic code types works ~ it could only be done by messing with the game code directly and writing an assembly trainer in eememory code cave(that totally require some mips experience) or if the addresses would be same for each game just differ between missions, since that can be done with simple conditional codes(but that would take alot more typing than any other way and would be boring).

Anyway I can't belive you all love this game soo much and that japanese dude video left unnoticed for few months;p, if it could be fixed in pcsx2 code directly it would be done long ago, pcsx2 core has lots of minor accuracy problems which cannot really be fixed and luckily most games don't care, with those that do care it's simple, either one of the fans will fix it externally, or you can wait another X years. Can't help more since I don't have the game so hope that was motivating;p. Well, good luck.
(07-14-2013, 09:56 AM)miseru99 Wrote: It's not Chinese... it's Japanese ~_~, and from what I understand the addresses are assigned on the beginning of each mission, and they'll if I understand it correctly differ each game even for same mission. Dunno why you want to mess with java, but you'll have to use cheat engine or similar program anyway to find what you want to patch in the first place. You could just find it on your own knowing already it can be fixed that way without even looking at that japanese movie(I read only the description under it since it requires registering or some or some silly fakebook account which I don't have). And the link is like previous page or so?;p ~ http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20300352

For the idea how to fix it, if I had the game I would just find a good unique array of bytes around the addresses of planes I have to change(could be far, it would just have to be same distance each time) or find an address which points to other we can calculate planes addresses from then also find some address which always have different values between missions but stays same during mission. With that I would write a memory patcher in cheat engine which would run an aob scan searching for the plane addresses to correct or calculate it with a pointer address each time that the last address ~ pointing we started different mission, changes it's value.
So basically in short, just 3 steps:
- find a way to get addresses each mission,
- find an address which changed value during each mission,
- create an app which will patch those buggy planes as we need for every mission or if possible write an advanced pnach* doing it.

And voila ~ unfixable game "fixed";p.

*most likely pnach fix would be impossible right now since only basic code types works ~ it could only be done by messing with the game code directly and writing an assembly trainer in eememory code cave(that totally require some mips experience) or if the addresses would be same for each game just differ between missions, since that can be done with simple conditional codes(but that would take alot more typing than any other way and would be boring).

Anyway I can't belive you all love this game soo much and that japanese dude video left unnoticed for few months;p, if it could be fixed in pcsx2 code directly it would be done long ago, pcsx2 core has lots of minor accuracy problems which cannot really be fixed and luckily most games don't care, with those that do care it's simple, either one of the fans will fix it externally, or you can wait another X years. Can't help more since I don't have the game so hope that was motivating;p. Well, good luck.

Roger, will start working on that Laugh
Any chance you have xfire ?

Will use this as an API :
http://pastebin.com/Vq8wfy39