Ace Combat 5 is still not playable on 0.9.8.
I don't want to be ungrateful... iam really glad what wonderful work you have done!
And about fixing game, if i could... but unfortunately I am not programming, but medical guy.
So I say it this way... please, Ace Combat is legend, it deserve it, so i would be very pleased if you or some other member of PCSX team can take a look on this game, iam sure many gamers would appreciate it as well.

Sponsored links

just be patent like the rest of us. You know how long some of my games took to work? I started using PCSX2 on the 0.8.2 days, and some are JUST NOW playable
I am with PCSX2 from very beginning, i just hope they make it playable some day...
Bummer no one cared about this game yet... AC series is a great one. Unless you can code all that can be done it wait. Given how much this matured (I remember when it ran few games and even then it was a bit of a struggle), it'll happen. Maybe even by accident Laugh
Please fix this game guys. so we can play it well with no bugs.. We're hoping 4 that, someday, sometime. BiggrinBiggrin
If we had an idea what's wrong, we've had fixed it by now.
We need to find a clue and this game didn't provide one yet.
I bet it'll get fixed by general work on the emulator, not by deliberate effort on this title alone.
(12-21-2011, 12:29 PM)rama Wrote: If we had an idea what's wrong, we've had fixed it by now.
We need to find a clue and this game didn't provide one yet.
I bet it'll get fixed by general work on the emulator, not by deliberate effort on this title alone.

As of 1.0.0 all the errors in Ace Combat 5 still persist. What we know so far:

No VU settings have any affect on the clipping error.

The ground texture glitches in hardware mode are caused by an error in mip-maps (possible solution: allow emulator to generate its own mip-maps. I've seen it work in the Dolphin emulator.)

Most cut-scenes cause the game to hang, fixed by the Skip MPEG hack.

What I have seen:

The clipping error is only in objects as large or larger then a bomber. Collision still works with fighters, SAM platforms on ships that clip, and missile boats, which are small.

What I also found is that in mission 4 where you start on the runway, the EE console gives you an error message and the game spawns you in mid air.

Code:
Error / Mpl::_SetLandingPosAng() / No Hit Base!

Which makes me think it's not a mesh problem but a coding problem. As if the collision meshes are there, but whatever math is used to detect collision is broken somewhere.

Also as a side note, this game is otherwise very stable. I drop every other frame in software mode so it can actually run at 60 fps and there are no glitches at all.

I hope this helps.
I hope the AC series will have a Fix Some day Smile
Best Series i have played on my PS2... many awsome momonet it hav brought me Smile
since 5393 revision FMVs are playable!

i already tried and the intro video works
hope clipping will be fixed soon ^^
(08-10-2012, 07:26 AM)VDNKh Wrote: As of 1.0.0 all the errors in Ace Combat 5 still persist. What we know so far:

No VU settings have any affect on the clipping error.

The ground texture glitches in hardware mode are caused by an error in mip-maps (possible solution: allow emulator to generate its own mip-maps. I've seen it work in the Dolphin emulator.)

Most cut-scenes cause the game to hang, fixed by the Skip MPEG hack.

What I have seen:

The clipping error is only in objects as large or larger then a bomber. Collision still works with fighters, SAM platforms on ships that clip, and missile boats, which are small.

What I also found is that in mission 4 where you start on the runway, the EE console gives you an error message and the game spawns you in mid air.

Code:
Error / Mpl::_SetLandingPosAng() / No Hit Base!

Which makes me think it's not a mesh problem but a coding problem. As if the collision meshes are there, but whatever math is used to detect collision is broken somewhere.

Also as a side note, this game is otherwise very stable. I drop every other frame in software mode so it can actually run at 60 fps and there are no glitches at all.

I hope this helps.

Whatever error involving a method is bad. That could be the answer.
Well, i guess we just need to wait. Or Ask some programmer to help the guys at PCSX2

Since im not a C++, C# programmer, i cant help. Im only a java guy Laugh