Ace Combat - Distant Thunder
It's the PAL version of AC4 Shattered Skies.

Now i'm not sure why it's not in the compatibility list, neither is AC Squadron Leader (AC5 The Unsung War). Judging from the progress so far i'd say the former seems to be of PLAYABLE status, although there's a few issues present:

1) videos skip randomly.
2) there's some faded trash colors and lines on the screen in HW rendering
3) sometimes your missiles may explode in mid-air as if they hit a wall, or AWACS thinks you're attacking a friendly unit when shooting.
4) As of the time of writing this, the game seems to have cause the emulator to crash while it was suspended. lolwut

Sponsored links

Tried using interpreter rather than microcu recompiler ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-20-2015, 01:23 AM)Coornio Wrote: It's the PAL version of AC4 Shattered Skies.

Now i'm not sure why it's not in the compatibility list, neither is AC Squadron Leader (AC5 The Unsung War). Judging from the progress so far i'd say the former seems to be of PLAYABLE status, although there's a few issues present:

1) videos skip randomly.
2) there's some faded trash colors and lines on the screen in HW rendering
3) sometimes your missiles may explode in mid-air as if they hit a wall, or AWACS thinks you're attacking a friendly unit when shooting.
4) As of the time of writing this, the game seems to have cause the emulator to crash while it was suspended. lolwut

Try using a full boot as it affects the Ace Combat games. The issue with the lines is from the lack of mip mapping
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Actually, full boot doesn't apply the game fixes , what benefit does full boot have on this game ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-20-2015, 04:10 AM)ssakash Wrote: Actually, full boot doesn't apply the game fixes

Since when?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, according to bositman full boot doesn't apply the automatic game fixes on the fly, fast boot helped a person recently to sort out an issue on the game. Take a look at the bug report section.
- Refraction
He said:

Bositman Wrote:You shouldn't use boot cdvd (full), it's probably why the automatic game fix isn't working. Try again with fast

But that doesn't mean that they don't apply with boot full. For instance, I just tested several games with auto fixes through full boot and they still worked and the fixes still applied.

I think it's maybe CRC hacks that don't work with full boot. Not sure. Some games require full boot though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
@coornio
Try using both full and fast boot individually and post your results here.

@blyss
Even, I'm not 100% sure about this. I just mentioned this since, this game has had many issues with full-boot.
- Refraction
Hmm, not sure if anything would change but okay, let me load up my savestate and do a normal save first though.

EDIT: Also i didn't mention the mipmapping issue because i thought it was obvious that all Ace Combat games suffer from it.
Savestates are prone to cause issues , try loading the current save from the memory card rather than loading the savestates and saving the game.
- Refraction