Ace Combat - Distant Thunder
Savegames only save game data, not the whole emulator state, so your point is moot.

Anyway, so far Mission #2 with full boot there are some things i noticed which may or may not be specific to it

1) HW mode leaves the player's plane completely black, besides the shine effect. The texture is just lost.
2) HW mode seems to cause the replay hud to flicker and fade for the most part from view when it shows the player's plane from a relatively close position
3) So far no missiles exploding in mid-air or friendly fire warnings
4) The Speed/Altitude meters on the left and right would flicker in SW mode but not in HW mode.

Will play the next mission again in fast boot to see if any of these change at all.

Sponsored links

Actually, savestates recover the same state of the emulator while loading them, that's why I suggested to load from the save at your memory card. Anyways, try the game with fast boot.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ok so results are in for fast boot:

1) Also happens
2) Also happens
3) Still the same
4) Also here

So the verdict is out that whether it's fast boot or not plays absolutely no role and the problems remain
Now the question is whether mission 1 is the only one eligible to cause the self exploding missiles and friendly fire warnings. I guess i'll learn when i finish and unlock free play Smile (OH and the fact that videos still skip randomly)

EDIT: AC04 and AC05 are definitely my favorites out of the PS2 era. I've also finished AC ZERO but not so excited due to the whole mercenary/soldier/knight thing going on and the fact that to unlock plane skins and planes in general you have to replay the game every time in different difficulties following different paths and that is just too much work, especially with those FFA missions that take ages. Thank you cheat engine for unlimited bombs :3
I'll write up proper bug reports for the NTSC versions of AC4 and AC5. I never got into AC5 much and I got stuck on the 4th mission in AC4
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Currently on the 16th mission of AC4.

About this weird video skipping, it happens if you change the focused window. If you open up some other window and then go back to PCSX2 while a video is running, it's gonna cancel it and skip as if you pressed X. Not sure why it happens, but it just means not clicking anywhere else i guess Tongue2

FYI, the versions i'm testing are both PAL, so they're not in the compatibility list.
(02-20-2015, 11:15 PM)Coornio Wrote: Currently on the 16th mission of AC4.

About this weird video skipping, it happens if you change the focused window. If you open up some other window and then go back to PCSX2 while a video is running, it's gonna cancel it and skip as if you pressed X. Not sure why it happens, but it just means not clicking anywhere else i guess Tongue2

FYI, the versions i'm testing are both PAL, so they're not in the compatibility list.

Feel free to do a compatibility report on them then. I'll have to find AC4, which is laying around my house somewhere.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Another issue in AC Distant Thunder (AC 04) is that the hangar is full of broken (black) textures and SPS in hardware rendering
Also the sun is f*cked up as well.