Ace Combat - Squadron Leader [SCES 52424] (E)
status=5;
version=1.3.1;
console=PS2;
crc=1D54FEA9;
img_t=;
img_f=;
wikiurl=Link;
Code:
empty
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

To sum up this version of the game:
  • enable automatic gamefixes so that missing collision are working again (thanks sudonim)
  • use software mode to avoid mipmapping issues
  • if you really want to use hardware mode, remember that any resolution but native one will have vertical lines
  • remember there are widescreen fixes! Enable them!

As side note, there was a weird hack to avoid hardware mode mipmapping issues,
and there should even be a custom gsdx specifically meant to address vertical lines (untested/explanation/compiled for SSE2)
ELF: SCES 52424
CRC: 1D54FEA9

CPU: Intel i5-750 @2.4GHz
GPU: AMD HD6770

Build Description: PCSX2 1.3.1 @whatever the latest one is
BIOS Used: Europe v2.00

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used: All of them work fine
Gamefixes Used: None

Amount of testing done: completed
Comments: you should play this in software rendering.

The following bugs exist in HW rendering:
Black plane textures and SPS in hangar view (doesn't always happen?)
Multiple black vertical lines across the display, even in FMVs
Lack of mipmapping for terrain textures
UI elements aren't highlighted properly

Status
Playable (perfect software emulation)
@Coornio
-.-
At least if you really had to repeat what I wrote don't spread FUD. There are no vertical lines if you play with native resolution
(03-04-2015, 03:00 PM)mirh Wrote: @Coornio
-.-
At least if you really had to repeat what I wrote don't spread FUD. There are no vertical lines if you play with native resolution

I fail to see how i repeat something you said considering i'm simply re-posting the information i gathered from my gameplay a few days earlier when i wrote them for the request thread.

Also, you don't say Sir Locke. Take a better look at the things i wrote Tongue
(03-04-2015, 05:17 PM)Coornio Wrote: I fail to see how i repeat something you said considering i'm simply re-posting the information i gathered from my gameplay a few days earlier when i wrote them for the request thread.

Also, you don't say Sir Locke. Take a better look at the things i wrote Tongue

Code:
I meant this. Just use native resolution and you'll be fine
(03-04-2015, 08:27 PM)mirh Wrote:
Code:
I meant this. Just use native resolution and you'll be fine

Well in my testing i didn't use native resolution in HW mode so i didn't verify if it was just the upscaling that caused it. Still, HW rendering suffers from a multitude of issues which doesn't warrant using a native resolution for if the game can be played with relatively decent quad core CPU.
(03-05-2015, 04:26 AM)Coornio Wrote: Well in my testing i didn't use native resolution in HW mode so i didn't verify if it was just the upscaling that caused it. Still, HW rendering suffers from a multitude of issues which doesn't warrant using a native resolution for if the game can be played with relatively decent quad core CPU.
Well, I just have 2 cores, and that's why I'm quite expert on hardware renderer issues. Everything that's left to fix (upscaling issues aside) is the missing mipmapping.
A workaround for upscaling issues (vertical lines) has been posted by gregory

EDIT: Transparent UI issues can be somewhat improved with WildArmsOffset hardware hack
EDIT2: Perfection is: